What's in it for you
Being a part of M&S is exactly that - becoming a part and playing your part. We're an inclusive, dynamic, exciting, and always evolving business built on core values.
Here are some of the benefits we offer that make working for M&S just that little bit more special
- 20% Colleague discount on most things from furniture, fashion and food.
- A first-class welcome to M&S with a tailored induction and a wide range of training schemes to help with your learning and development. Having options to progress is something we're proud of at M&S.
- Attractive annual bonus, based on company performance and personal objectives.
- Competitive holiday entitlement with the potential to buy extra holiday days!
- Amazing perks and discounts via our M&S Choices website. Including GymSave - that offers up to 25% off Gym Memberships and the option to become an M&S Shareholder using our ShareSave & ShareBuy Schemes
- Charity Volunteer Day - A paid day away from work to support your chosen charity.
- A very generous Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Every colleague at M&S has access to a fantastic range of wellbeing support - this includes access to our 24/7 Virtual GP, PAM Assist to support you & your family as well as many other schemes
What you'll do
Your key accountabilities will include
- Lead a team of 3 dedicated analysts, nurturing their development and managing their performance. Your team will consist of both part-qualified and fully qualified accountants, ensuring a diverse and enriching environment
- You'll be the person behind our International Month End results, managing a team that delivers P&L, Balance Sheet, Capex and Cash Flow reporting.
- Prepare our Monthly International Business Unit Commercial Management Report (CMR) and Leadership Team reports. Your insights will showcase the financial and commercial heartbeat of our business unit.
- Key player in the International Finance transformation strategy working closely with senior business partners in London, motivating changes across systems and reporting in a complex structure
- Cultivate a culture of continuous improvement within your team. Together, you'll optimize our services, ensuring efficiency and effectiveness in every task.
Who you are
Your skills and experience will include:
- Master of Leadership - Your leadership shines brightly, powered by outstanding people skills. Coaching isn't just a skill; it's your superpower, encouraging growth and empowerment within your team.
- Problem-Solver - Dive deep into process or accounting challenges, emerging victorious with innovative solutions.
- Audit and Control Specialist - Your audit and control environments are ironclad, fortified by utilising your what could go wrong mentality.
- Positive Change Champion Embrace shifting priorities with enthusiasm, inspiring your team to do the same. Your positive energy fuels implementation, turning challenges into opportunities for growth.
- Numerical & Analytical Ace - Numbers aren't just digits; they tell a story. Your CIMA, ACCA, or ACA qualification is the testament to your exceptional numerical and analytical skills, setting you apart in the financial realm.
M&S is ready to push boundaries to lead the retail industry into a greener, speedier, more inspiring digital era. That's why we're revolutionising how we work and offering our most exciting opportunities yet. There's never been a better time to be part of our team. Marks & Spencer aims to be an inclusive organisation, trusted and admired by our colleagues, customers and suppliers. Join us and make an immediate impact.
We are committed to an active Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, which starts with our recruitment and selection process, and we are happy to talk flexible working.
If you consider yourself to require reasonable adjustments to any part of our recruitment process, we invite you to share those requirements with us when completing your application. We will make every effort to ensure your needs are met to provide a fair and transparent process of assessment.