Join us as a Financial Control Associate
- Hone your skills as you provide control of our financial ledger
- We’ll look to you to support change initiatives, process improvements and in system implementations
- You’ll be exposed to experts across the Finance function, putting you in a unique position to build a credible professional network that will open the door to excellent career developments
What you'll do
In this role you’ll be responsible for the delivery and integrity of monthly financial information, statutory and external reporting, value added commentary and analysis for your business area. You’ll provide, support and input into the end to end control and ownership of franchise and legal entity balance sheets for your business area, fixed assets accounting, and project accounting and reporting.
Along with this, you’ll provide legal entity recharge accounting including full substantiation and reconciliation of the balance sheet, and profit and loss accounts within a controlled framework.
In this role you’ll:
- Investigate process or system issues
- Undertake activities assigned on a timely basis and highlight and process improvement opportunities
- Support systems testing, such as user acceptance testing and system or process improvement initiatives
- Ensure all reports and outputs relating to reconciliations are produced on time and are of high quality
- Provide input to and support process improvements, ensuring existing work and development activities are the focus of continuous improvements
- Prepare month-end accounting, such as journals preparation, reviews and account reconciliation
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll need experience in delivering core financial control and reporting outputs, including ledger close, balance sheet substantiation, statutory and management reporting and external audit. You’ll have experience in a financial services environment and knowledge of IFRS Accounting Standards, and ideally a CA, ICWA, MBA finance qualification or IFRS certification.
We’ll also look to you to bring:
- The ability to identify, build and enhance key relationships at a senior level, influencing and challenging as required
- Experience of investigating and probing issues with cross-business impact
- An understanding of intercompany and contra account usage requirements and intercompany reconciliations and substantiation
- The ability to capture trends of journals posted, reconciliations undertaken, and budget MI released
- The ability to understand accounting impact of activity undertaken and highlight and process issues or gap to reviewer