Join us as a Financial Control Manager
- You’ll be responsible for the delivery and integrity of monthly financial information
- We’ll look to you to lead team performance and daily activity delivery
- Join a supportive, forward looking team and build your career in a fast paced environment
What you'll do
As Financial Control Manager, you’ll ensure monthly financial information is executed correctly, including balance sheet, profit and loss account and supporting data, and statutory and external reporting.
You’ll oversee your team’s output, making sure the timetable and format is clearly understood, and will manage the team’s full compliance with all internal control processes and policies.
Day to day, you’ll:
- Control the financial ledger through policy setting, control, and risk and systems framework
- Make sure that all financial transactions are appropriately recorded and substantiated to reflect the true and fair position as per our policies, procedures and guidelines
- Drive strategic developments including the scoping of all enhancements, securing funding and delivering all initiatives
- Identify and track systemic issues and drive the resolution of root cause, identifying and driving opportunities for the streamlining of processes
- Set control frameworks and governance frameworks to ensure alignment with our strategy
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll hold an ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualification and bring significant post qualification experience in financial services or banking. You’ll also have substantial experience of leading a team of finance professionals in a global or matrix environment.
We’ll also look to you to have:
- Strong experience of leading the delivery of core financial control and reporting outputs, including ledger close, balance sheet substantiation, and statutory reporting
- Experience of change management including restructuring initiatives
- The ability to build and enhance key relationships at a senior level, negotiating and influencing as required
- Up to date understanding and knowledge of the drivers of business performance
- An astute eye for detail and excellent problem solving skills