Join us as a Financial Control & Reporting Manager
- You’ll support the delivery of end-to-end financial control activity through the preparation and management of accounts, reconciliation schedules and other supporting documentation
- We’ll look to you to review, substantiate and challenge the monthly balance sheet and profit loss to understand and interpret the results
- We’re looking for someone to take on a new challenge, and put their analytical and problem-solving skills to good use
What you'll do
As a Financial Control & Reporting Manager, you’ll be accountable for the delivery and integrity of financial information for Commercial Banking. You'll be building your team's capability to assess, account for and control synthetic risk transfer (SRT) capital transactions and create new legal entities in our organisation, and you'll be involved in both the execution of the transactions and the day-to-day running of the SRT portfolio.
You’ll be a key partner to the business too, as your proactively contribute to decision making on complex or specialist issues, demonstrating sound judgement and a thorough understanding of the business.
Day to day, you’ll:
- Complete financial control accounting assessments and provide transaction support on the individual transaction project execution
- Set up processes, controls and capabilities to assess, monitor and report on synthetic risk transfer capital transactions
- Complete monthly reporting, control and substantiation processes
- Monitor and assess evolving practice and developments so that we're agile in adapting our processes, controls and accounting requirements
- Coaching and developing your team to deliver effective and efficient controls
The skills you'll need
To succeed in this role, you’ll bring a wealth of knowledge and experience in financial control, preferably gained within financial services. You’ll have worked in a global context and will have the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders in a changing environment. And you’ll hold a professional accounting qualification or have significant relevant experience in place of this.
We’ll also look to you to bring:
- A proven ability to build strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders and customers across organisations and geographical boundaries, influencing and challenging as required
- Up to date knowledge of accounting standards, particularly IFRS9
- Strong communication skills and the ability to clearly and succinctly articulate issues to senior management
- Demonstrable commitment to continuous improvement activity
- An astute eye for detail, with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills