Join us as a Financial Control Simplification Business Analyst
- You’ll be working with Financial Control and Finance Change to understand, document and remediate production related issues and streamline processes that relate to Financial Reporting
- We’ll look to you to deliver analysis, architectural design and operating model presentations to senior management
- This is an excellent opportunity to hone your skills as you provide subject matter expertise to requirements, design, testing and implementation of any changes to Finance owned processes
What you'll do
In your new role, you’ll produce analysis and recommended architecture, process and operating model options while understanding the bigger picture for Finance. You’ll support the team in delivering options to address Finance, Risk and Treasury project requirements and recommending preferred solutions, system architecture design or process design.
Additionally, you'll support our Finance Change Project Manager and work closely with other business analysts to deliver Finance outcomes and meet delivery milestones.
As well as this, you’ll be:
- Supporting senior management to enhance the bank’s approach to capital management and acting as the key contact for all capital planning related issues
- Improving the capital planning models and process to make sure that they are fit for purpose and that output is consistent in terms of assumptions and stresses
- Managing the mergers and acquisitions activity by providing expert guidance and key financial inputs into acquisition and valuation models
- Developing and managing relationship with all business areas, executing structured transactions and complex trades and the new product risk assessment process, ensuring effective co-ordination within the Treasury function
- Assisting senior management in implementing centrally controlled and systematic methodology for regulatory capital planning and capital usage across the bank and its major subsidiaries
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with significant experience in treasury, risk, regulatory, product or accounting and background in capital planning. You should be able to think strategically and translate strategic visions into practical roadmaps and plans. You’ll have the ability to challenge opinions, offer alternatives and construct compelling arguments to support an opinion.
Additionally, we’ll be looking for:
- Experience of project management
- Knowledge of IAS
- Prior experience in financial reporting gained within a Investment Bank
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills with a background of managing relationships with senior stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to work across different teams and levels