Join us as a Financial Crime Data Analyst
- Hone your analytical skills and take on a new challenge with great learning and development potential
- We’ll look to you to provide an expert analytical service so that we can better understand our customers, processes, channels, products and overall business
- You'll be joining a forward thinking and collaborative team environment, where you can expect great visibility as you work with a range of stakeholders
What you'll do
As a Financial Crime Data Analyst, you’ll use your passion for data and analytics to help develop and improve our business processes to benefit the bank as well as our customers. To do this, you will be iteratively building and providing data insights from a variety of large complex data sources to solve non-routine analysis for key stakeholders in the Financial Crime risk function.
With strong collaboration, you’ll be working closely with your data colleagues and business stakeholders in the Financial Crime risk function, as well as with the wider areas of analytics to help solve a wide range of business problems, translate business questions into clear analytical plans and promote the innovative use of data across the bank.
Along with this, you’ll be:
- Providing analytical support to bank-wide projects, bringing your analytical expertise to cross functional working groups
- Applying appropriate statistical techniques and concepts to develop data led solutions to business problems
- Performing data extraction, storage, manipulation, processing and analysis
- Conducting analysis including data gathering and requirements specification in collaboration with business stakeholders
- Iteratively building and providing data insights from a variety of large complex data sources to solve non-routine analysis for key stakeholders in the Financial crime risk function
- Sourcing, processing, analysing and simplifying our data into clear data visualisations and compelling insight to resolve problems and implement innovative processes, while making clear and actionable recommendations and spotting potential business issues and opportunities
The skills you'll need
We're looking for a keen problem solver with an analytical mindset and strong attention to detail to join us in this role. You’ll be educated to a degree level in a numerate discipline or you’ll have equivalent practical experience in an analysis related field.
Additionally, you’ll need:
- Knowledge and experience of Financial Crime technology/systems/processes
- Experience with analytical or database querying software including SQL and Python along with cloud technology such as AWS and Snowflake
- Experience with data visualisation tools such as tableau
- A track record of delivering an analytical service and experience of using statistical techniques to articulate and translate business questions
- Good stakeholder management and communication skills
- An eye for detail to ensure deliverables produced are of a high standard and meets user requirements