Join us as a Financial Crime Risk Oversight Lead
- You'll be leading a team in Services who make sure our business strategy is compliant with financial crime policy, external laws and regulations
- You’ll support us directly in preventing financial crime, while taking a pivotal role in influencing, networking and collaborating with a diverse group of stakeholders
- It's an opportunity to be part of a transformational and challenging role, providing advice and oversight over Services, including the Financial Crime Hub
What you’ll do
As a Financial Crime Risk Oversight Lead , you’ll oversee the financial crime policy and mandatory procedures in Services, making sure that they are reflective of relevant laws and regulations, while establishing and maintaining operating procedures and controls to meet the bank’s and local policy requirements.
Throughout the course of your work, you’ll be building relationships with the business, delivering advice on transactions, customers or situations that involve financial crime matters. Alongside which, you’ll support and mentor your colleagues and oversee an effective approach towards development and training, succession planning and talent management.
- Oversee the development and implementation of risk and control mechanisms for the business, independently managing and challenging the effective management of risks and controls within agreed risk appetites
- Make sure that the business addresses financial crime risk concerns within the management of their customer, geographic and product portfolio life-cycle
- Make sure that a stable and effective governance structure is in place with the appropriate forums, MI and escalation routes
- Oversee the adherence to the bank’s global financial crime standards
- Direct and advise the team to maintain the effective oversight of financial crime risk frameworks and systems and controls
The skills you’ll need
We’re looking for someone with a deep understanding of the financial service industry, along with a robust and broad understanding of risk management principles and regulatory framework. You’ll need technical expertise of relevant political and legislative developments across the financial industry, with the ability to guide and influence business representatives on related matters.
It’s also crucial that you have the leadership skills to empower teams to actively challenge how we do things. If you also have a technical qualification in financial crime, this would be ideal, although not essential.
You’ll also need:
- The ability to deliver oversight activity which can serve as indelible evidence to regulators that conduct risks have been identified within target processes
- Practical experience in financial crime as a discipline and extensive experience in applying financial crime expertise, risk based approaches and an understanding of the regulatory landscape and requirements
- Knowledge of the regulatory environment, divisional frameworks and methodologies
- Working knowledge of broader risk disciplines
- Excellent stakeholder management, with the ability to build trust and demonstrate value
- The ability to enable the safe delivery of change at pace