About the role:
Are you an accomplished Finance Analyst who is ready to support our new and inspiring Water Networks Transformation team to set the direction for change? This is a fantastic opportunity to fundamentally change how we operate and set ourselves up for future success. You will do this by harnessing the passion of our people and technology advancements to support our transformational journey and ambition.
This role is critical to our AMP7 Plan and future success of our Water Networks business, making changes to both our service and delivery to achieve our Purpose of which we are very proud, “to deliver life’s essential service, so our customers, communities and the environment can thrive”
We are key workers, committed to our Values, reaching higher and being better every day to achieve our Purpose under these challenging circumstances, doing the best for our customers and the environment. Key Accountabilities:
To be successful you will have the following skills and experience:
- To combine accounting, finance, and business metrics to create an abstract representation of Thames Water’s Water Networks business in Excel, forecasted into the future. By developing complex business case analyses, supported by strong business and commercial acumen and in-depth experience in financial modelling, this role will support decision making and drive the delivery of a strategic and complex business transformation programme (the Water Network Transformation (WNTX) programme) towards realising optimal financial and non-financial benefit outcomes.
- To input to a target operating model, including analyses of options and financial KPI trees that drive towards greater insight and more data-driven business.
- To analyse risks, opportunities, programme plans and contingency options.
What’s in it for you:
- Experience at a top tier accounting and/or consulting firms
- Business transformational change/business architecture/operating model experience preferred
- Experience supporting large complex procurements
- Demonstrable business financial and commercial acumen – knowledge of levers of value (big picture with ingenuity to create master and analyse competing scenarios) and yet an eye for detail and accuracy
- Expert level of skill level in financial modelling using MS Excel
- Coherent, quality, validated financial models
- Competency in developing and maintaining accurate project and programme plans and an expert user of MSP
- A self-starter who takes ownership for seeing a deliverable through to completion.
- Excellent written and presentation communication skills, tailored to the stakeholder audience
- Effective at identifying issues early and escalating these appropriately
- Prioritises effectively in a high-pressure, uncertain environment to deliver stable performance
- Mathematical/statistical educational background
- Financial / Technical / Business degree desirable
- CIMA or ACCA preferred
This is a rare opportunity to make a real difference to a business and cultural transformation. You will be a leader in a programme that is fundamental to the success of Thames Water and one of our key business priorities for the next AMP.
This is an exciting and challenging time for our business as a whole and the water industry. A backdrop of climate change and population growth is putting pressure on our existing water resources and in turn driving the need for a series of significant investments in our assets. The projects we will develop and deliver in the next 5 to 15 years, will leave a lasting legacy for future generations across London, the South East and the UK.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy. What's in it for you:
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with length of service and a wider benefits scheme. This includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans, voucher scheme giving you money off in major retail outlets, loyalty awards for continuous service plus much more, including our referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We’re also proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities. About us:
Thames Water is the UK’s largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by supplying 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That’s why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We’re passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We’re also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We’re reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We’re using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world’s poorest communities.
Together, we’re building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you’ll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We’re also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with award-winning mental health and well-being strategy.