Join us as a Financial Risk & Analytics Analyst
- We’re looking for an analyst to support our strategic objective to inform business risk and reward decisions using our risk models
- It’s a critical role that will see you providing interpretation and guidance on regulatory requirements relating to risk models
- Gain valuable exposure and hone your expertise as you advance your career in this challenging role
What you'll do
This Financial Risk & Analytics Analyst role will see you developing, supporting and maintaining a variety of models and mitigating excessive model risk. You’ll be managing and promoting the use of models, including automating aspects of risks processes and frameworks, and producing clear and well-presented analysis and MI on all aspects of model performance.
You’ll also be:
- Providing insight through your analysis and communicating this effectively to our stakeholders
- Identifying opportunities for improvement, both in terms of the models and measures produced, and the approaches and processes used within the team
- Providing broader interpretation support to the franchises and functions on overall risk requirements and regulatory reporting
- Working effectively with other risk functions, customer franchises and broader functions so that the model suite is integrated with other activities, ensuring effective and efficient delivery
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone with experience of working in a modelling function or a related quantitative function. You’ll have extensive banking or financial experience along with broad experience of risk systems, methodologies and processes.
You’ll need to hold a degree in a numerate discipline, with a track record in data driven analysis and statistical and mathematical modelling.
On top of this, you’ll demonstrate:
- Experience of developing and applying risk models, including scoring and model monitoring
- The ability to translate complex and statistical techniques into simple, easily understood concepts
- A proven ability to resolve complex problems and identify alternatives
- A background of successfully using and deploying new data sources, approaches and tools
- An understanding of statistical techniques, credit reference data, external agency data, credit systems, and databases toolsets