About the role
I am an authority for my asset class, working closely with asset partners (Operations/Finance/Procurement) to drive performance and value excellence for my asset category in line with and often crafting business strategy.
You will be responsible for
Ideas & Direction' - Driving value for my asset class by identifying internal (cross-functional) and external (market-led) opportunities for my Asset Class
'Analysis & Insight' - Working with internal partners to develop cost, benefit and performance analysis to support investment decision-making and optimise asset use (WLC or similar modeling)
'Support & Planning' - Consolidating, prioritising and considering trade-offs within my asset class to support the definition of robust asset plans that supports long-term planning and strategic direction (consider principles of:Alignment, Criticality, Total Cost)
'Championing as Subject Matter Authority' - Acting as a first point of contact for partners for my asset class, communicating Group Asset Management policy, minimum standards and best practice across the entire asset management life cycle
'Control' - Embedding and monitoring Group-level processes and controls for my asset class, helping to establish and maintain a robust capitalisation process to reduce Operational & Financial risk
- Building a global Asset Management community and championing my asset class across the organisation
- Working with asset controllers to support asset management planning via individual investment case development
- Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
You will need
The ability to influence and lead a diverse group of partners together with significant operational experience within my asset class. You will possess Big Picture Thinking, strong communication & negotiation skills as well as trust and integrity.
You will be skilled in analysis & insight, risk management and possess an understanding in the application of Specialist Functional Expertise.
What's in it for you
We offer excellent benefits that help make Tesco a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- Annual bonus scheme
- Holiday starting at 25 days plus a personal day (plus 8 Bank holidays)
- On-site state of the art gym at our Welwyn Campus with discounted Gympass membership & free health checks via Nuffield Health
- Retirement savings plan - save between 4% and 7.5% and Tesco will match your contribution
- Life Assurance - 5 x contractual pay
- Share Schemes - Join our Buy As You Earn' & Save As You Earn' share schemes after 3 months service
- Colleague Clubcard (including a 2nd card for a family member) after 3 months service
- Colleague Discounts:
- 10% increasing to 15% after every pay day for a four day period, off most purchases at Tesco
- 10% off One Stop
- 10% off pay monthly & SIM only deals with Tesco Mobile
- 20% off all F&F purchases
- 20% off car, pet and home insurance at Tesco bank. T&C's apply
- 25% off Tesco Café
- 50% off complete glasses purchases & free eye tests (other offers available) at Vision Express
- 50% off health checks at Tesco Pharmacy
- An exclusive deals and discounts website saving you money on everyday purchases, treats for the family, eating out and utility bills for the home
- Cycle to work scheme
- Shuttle Bus Service to/from Welwyn Garden City Station to Welwyn Campus
- Opportunities to get on - take advantage of our ongoing learning opportunities and award-winning training, to help you achieve the job and career you want
- Our Employee Assistance Programme helps you deal with life's challenges
- Financial wellness - Tesco has partnered with experts to help you make the most of your money
- Get involved in a range of fundraising activities with our long-term charity partners
Our vision here at Tesco is to become every customer's favourite way to shop, whether they are at home or out on the move. Our core purpose is Serving Britain's shoppers a little better every day'. Our business was built with a simple mission - to be the champion for customers, helping them to enjoy a better quality of life and an easier way of living. This hasn't changed. Customers want great products at great value which they can buy easily and it's our job to deliver this in the right way for them. In the UK, we serve some 66 shoppers every second, so it's our goal to ensure every one of those customers experiences just a little better service on each visit.
We are proud to have an inclusive culture at Tesco where everyone truly feels able to be themselves. At Tesco, we not only celebrate diversity, but recognise the value and opportunity it brings to enable us to serve our shoppers a little better every day. We're committed to creating a workplace where differences are valued, and make sure that all colleagues are given the same opportunities. We're a big business with diverse working patterns and many business areas which means that we can find something that works for you. Everyone is welcome at Tesco.
It remains that Shire Park is our central location for Head Office teams. We have recently announced that we will be moving towards a more blended working week - combining office and remote working. Our base will be the office, where we connect, collaborate and innovate - and there will be the expectation for everyone to be in the office more often than not. For Head Office roles we therefore expect colleagues to spend a proportion of their time at our offices in Shire Park.
We are supportive of colleagues having conversations with hiring managers about what office presence will look like in the context of the role.
NOTE: Should you be successful in your application, your offer will be subject to and conditional upon you providing your bank account details on your agreed start date.