Do you have a good understanding of building services compliance as well as experience in their application? Do you have an experience in or even a knack for project management? We just might have you next professional challenge right here for you!
We are looking for a Facilities Management Compliance and Project Lead to join our team on a manufacturing site in Reading. You would have great communication and negotiation skills, good working knowledge of building services and H&S legislation as well as the ability to project manage minor projects under £100k in value.
We offer a great team, a salary up to £30,000 dependent on experience, Sodexo employee benefits and great progression and development opportunities within the company.
The Ideal Candidate
- Auditing of contract Integrated Management System (IMS - compliance documentation management framework) as a part of supporting wider QSHE team audits.
- Review of monthly contract compliance reports for content and accuracy.
- Observe all statutory and legal requirements, particularly in relation to Health & Safety at Work Act.
- Creation of actions (within the CAFM system) following client and internal audits and ensuring management of those actions to completion. Review of same actions to ensure closure within SLA and when action is suitability satisfied
- Ensuring data is provided for input to contractual monitoring (KPI's for small project works, interpret and work from instruction, drawings and specifications without constant supervision).
- Carry out new and small work projects in accordance with legislation, ACOP's and Best Industry practice.
- Be adaptable to the introduction of new technology and working techniques.
- Good understanding of the systems contained within the site.
- Provide a timely response to the Client, being respectful of the contractual response and repair times so as to protect the company from financial penalty.
- Communicate technical issues to other maintenance staff, explain technical issues to other staff and Sodexo Management team.
- Assist in problem solving technical issues, fault diagnosis and solution finding.
- Evaluate supplier quotations and submit quotations to the client
- Manage POs and track all to closure / maintaining the quote and PO data base
- Order materials and instruct suppliers
- Update and maintain maintenance records
- Continuously improve the project management framework and procedures through innovation and industry best practice.
- High level of practical knowledge of relevant employment, Health and Safety and general legislative requirements
- Experience working in a standards/compliance environment
- Wide ranging knowledge of Facilities delivery, related legislation and best practice.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to all level stakeholders
- Experience of direct labour management of subcontracting staff
- Proficient with Microsoft office applications (including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Numerate and literate with excellent communication skills
- Be able to negotiate with internal and external decision makers
- Flexible with the ability to work under pressure whilst looking for continual improvements to service delivery
- Ability to grasp requirements effectively and to relate to the service provisions of the contract
About The Company
- IOSH Certificate in Managing Safely
- Management of CMMS systems
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We're a Disability Confident Leader employer. We're committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.