Base Location: Chichester
Salary: £17,642 - £23,297
Working Pattern: Permanent | Full Time, 37 hours | Flexible working options available
About the Department
SSE Enterprise Contracting is one of the UK's largest Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) contractors with a product/service portfolio ranging from M&E LV, HV, Instrumentation, Street Lighting, Facilities Management through to Combined Heat and Power solutions.
What is the Role?
You'll provide helpdesk administrative support to the team delivering the West Sussex County Council Facilities Maintenance Contract. Key responsibilities include:
- Answering all incoming support calls and emails from clients
- Excellent customer service
- Dealing with queries and logging calls on an internal system
- Liaising with the other teams regarding any queries or problems
- Escalating any queries to the 2nd line support as and when needed
- Supporting the Management Team with improving business processes and client liaison
- General Administration and housekeeping within the office
- Database maintenance
- Monitor and maintain sub-contractors' work
- Manage and assist in the preparation of supporting documentation for invoicing
What do I need?
To be successful in this role, you should have experience in the Facilities maintenance sector and be able to demonstrate a high level of customer service. You'll have good literacy and communication skills, as well as excellent time management and organisation skills. You'll also bring an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving, be able to use own initiative, while also contributing to effective team working. Previous experience in an FM administration role is essential, as are excellent skills in Microsoft Office Applications in particular Excel.
We're committed to ensuring we offer our people a great place to work, with competitive salary, contributory pension plan and benefits package.
All applications should be submitted online however to discuss any adjustments you may require submitting your application please get in touch. We'll let you know the outcome of your application after the closing date.
If you successfully secure a role with us, you'll be required to complete our pre-employment screening process before joining.
We all have different skills here at SSE and that's what makes us stand out. We all take pride in a job well done and share the belief that an inclusive culture is key to our success and vision for the future. Above all, safety is at the heart of everything we do at SSE and we live by the mantra 'if it's not safe, we don't do it'.
SSE is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.