Food and Beverage Assistant
Are you looking for a new challenge? Do you have a passion for customer service? Would you like to contribute to the greater good of the healthcare field? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
A new opportunity has arisen for a Food and Beverage Assistant to join the Family. We are looking for new members to join our highly dedicated Patient Dining team, who deliver outstanding catering services.
As a Food and Beverage Assistant you would provide a warm and welcoming environment for patients, every day is different and by facilitating patient's nutrition and hydration needs, you can make a real difference!
Please note shift pattern is working 5 days over 7 including weekends. Job Description
Why join Medirest Signature?
- Attractive core benefits ranging from retail discounts/cheap cinema tickets all the way up to savings on mortgages and utilities, for you and up to 5 additional family members or close friends.
- Optional Learning & Development and the chance to learn new skills at no cost. Opportunities range from Talent programmes that develop future supervisors and managers, all the way to nationally- recognised apprenticeship qualifications that could unlock the next chapter in your career
More about the role:
- The pride of contributing to the recovery and welfare of our patients
- Team activities available including festive parties and summer BBQs
- Work-life balance
Who you are:
- Provide menus, take orders from patients and support with all dietary and allergen queries.
- Prepare and deliver all refreshments and meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner service.
- Clear down ward areas and wash up dirty dishes ensuring that the kitchen is fully prepared for next service.
- Liaise with ward staff to ensure patients' needs are met in a timely manner.
- Offer a great customer service by always putting the patient first.
Who we are:
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Passionate about patient care, with the ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors and healthcare staff.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working in a hospital environment and aware at times you will come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- It doesn't matter if you've never worked as a Ward Host / Hostess before. What does matter to us the most, is taking pride in what you do and a willingness to learn and go the extra mile for our patients.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Baring Service check; costs met by the employer.
Medirest Signature is the specialist private healthcare division of Compass Group UK & Ireland. As the UK's leading healthcare support service provider, our aim is to improve patient satisfaction by providing a clean and hygienic environment.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.