The Forces Employment Charity, are looking for a highly motivated Employment Support Consultant to promote and provide employability and employment support for veterans within the region.
Reporting to the National Forces Employment Support (FES) Manager, the successful applicant will have a track record of providing employment and job finding support. A strong customer focus and an ability to work independently to achieve targets and deadlines is an essential requirement along with strong communication and organising skills, knowledge of the local employment market, training and adult education opportunities.
- Provide advice and guidance to support veterans into employment; facilitating veterans to access suitable training courses, Employment Support Grants (ESG) and work placements.
- Develop links with local and regional businesses and business forums to develop relationships with Corporate Mentors and to provide enhanced local level employment opportunities, working collaboratively with Employer Relationship Managers (ERMs).
- Post and maintain an exemplar professional LinkedIn profile and engage with appropriate content from RFEA and partner organisations.
- Link with local and regional Ex-Armed Forces support agencies initiatives to create a flow of veterans requiring employment support. This will include as a minimum creating working relationships with Armed Forces Charities and DWP and regional Armed Forces Champions (including Armed Forces Covenant groups)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Empathy with Armed Forces personnel and an understanding of the challenges they face.
- Strong networking skills and the enthusiasm and ability to create relationships that will support the work of RFEA FES.
- A good understanding of the employment market, including recruitment, welfare to work provision, work-based learning and vocational training.
- Extensive experience in blended provision of support.
- Clean driving licence and exclusive use of a car.
What we offer:
- Salary - £27,500
- Annual leave (25 days + bank holidays + Birthday Grant Leave)
- Flexible working patterns
- 4% pension contribution
- Training and development opportunities
This is a full-time role working 35 hours per week. The role is home/office based with local and regional travel.- (Wales). Consultants will spend an average of 30% of their time networking within their region.
To apply, please submit a Covering Letter and CV. Closing date for the position is Midnight 27th May 2022. Interviews are scheduled to be shortly after.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake Enhanced Barring Service checks and Ministry of Defence security clearance, which requires applicants to have been resident in the UK for the last 5 years.