Fostering Recruitment & Assessment Social Worker
Salary: HC8 £38,945- £43,223 per annum (including £5,000 market rate supplement)
Closing date: 25/02/2024
Are you an experienced social worker? Are you passionate about giving children and young people a better start in life? If yes, then Herefordshire is the place to be.
Do you have assessment experience and or experience of working with foster carers in any field? Are you good at building relationships with staff and key stakeholders? Are you passionate about children being supported to fulfil their potential, by supporting our foster carers really well?
What do we need? We need you to be part of our journey in ensuring our children’s wellbeing is at the top priority. Our priority is for Herefordshire children to be kept safe, local, happy and fulfilling their potential. We are looking for experienced Social workers working with Mainstream and Connected foster carers and Special Guardians.
It is an exciting time to join Herefordshire as we believe in investing in you so you can be the best in helping to nurture the relationships between children, young people and foster families; supporting them to build a resilient and caring community.
You will be fully qualified social worker (DipSW, CQSW, CSS or equivalent), with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in statutory social care. With strong skills in assessment, mediation and supervision, you will help train and support foster cares and ultimately be dedicated to improving the lives of children and families within Herefordshire.
Your managers will offer hands on support, regular supervision, guidance and the opportunity for professional development through training various opportunities to retain and promote the voice of our foster carers and uphold the Fostering National Minimum Standards.
- A competitive salary, generous holiday entitlement, and access to our contributory pension and staff benefits scheme, which includes:
- Social Worker starting salary of £38,945- £43,223 (including £5,000 market rate supplement per year).
- Market rate supplement £5,000 per year
- Welcome payment £5,000 for experienced social workers joining our children’s teams
- Relocation packages: support of up to £10,000
- Pension Scheme Enrolment in the Local Government (LGPS)
- Professional development: protected time and budget to support social workers develop themselves and their careers.
- Career progression: clear pathways to progress to senior social worker level
- Generous Annual Leave: 31 days (pro rata) plus bank holidays. You can also purchase an additional 10 days per annum
- Flexible working: flexi-time, job-share, part-time hours and, in some instances, home working
- Employee Assistance Programme: 24/7 access to support and counselling
- Payment of professional membership fees
- Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post they are applying for:
• Those who indicate that they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the “Disability Confident” scheme;
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role.
To apply, please submit your CV and complete the supporting statement within the application form, referring to the job description & person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.