Compass Group Plc (Compass) is a £20 billion turnover, global organisation and the world's leading provider of food and support services. With operations across seven key business areas (Foodservice; Support Services; Business & Industry; Healthcare & Seniors; Education; Sports & Leisure; and Defence, Offshore & Remote), Compass serves customers in offices and factories; schools and universities; hospitals and senior living communities; major sports and cultural venues; and remote mining camps and offshore platforms.
This newly created position will report to the Head of FP&A for UK&I and have a pivotal role, working closely with senior stakeholders across Finance and in the business, and driving improvements in the UK reporting and planning processes.
Provide a comprehensive, timely and accurate management information service to Compass Group UK & Ireland businesses as well as analytical insight into business performance
Responsible for providing information to Compass Group as well as ad hoc analysis and reporting for the UK Executive and the UK CFO
Contribute to the development of systems and processes to improve overall analysis & reporting
Management of a Finance Assistant
We are seeking a motivated individual who possesses strong interpersonal and communication skills along with good problems solving ability. What we'll give:
More about the role:
- £Competitive salary per annum depending on experience
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Budgeting and forecasting
- Set UK&I timetable to deliver Group and UK FD deadlines for Forecasting, Budgeting and Rolling Forecast cycles
- Provide analysis for setting sector targets
- Drive budgeting and forecasting process, understanding variances and preparing analysis for senior stakeholders
- Perform sensitivity analysis upon key planning drivers
- Coordinate sector submission and completion of the UK&I pack
- Capture key actions required to underpin future forecast delivery and liaise with sector analysts to ensure plans in place to measure progress
- Support in developing new reporting formats to be used to review and challenge business performance, and drive compliance through UK&I
- In particular, develop new working capital reporting including consolidation of position for UK&I
- Analyse and interpret sector submissions, challenging any assumptions where necessary prior to UK&I consolidation
- Understand key risk areas for sectors and overall UK&I position.
- Respond to Group queries
- Attend balance sheet reviews and working capital reviews with sectors, consolidating and escalating key risks/ opportunities to senior stakeholders
- Operation of robust and rigorous controls over financial reporting processes to meet internal and external standards
- Coordinate existing UK reporting, working alongside the MI team to facilitate automation.
- Utilise data management, analytics and reporting tools to continually optimise processes
Who you are:
- Support the development of junior team members and facilitate in training courses for new team members
- Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) with varied experience in accounting roles
- Experience of business partnering senior stakeholders with the ability to challenge, influence and persuade at all levels
- Strong analytical skills
Who we are:
- Experience of operating within a multi-site, multi-contract organization
- Good working knowledge of SAP & Cognos
- Knowledge of analytical tools, such as Anaplan and Power BI
- Experience of HFM or other consolidation and reporting tool
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.