Front of House Supervisor
Support the catering operation to improve the customer food service experience, delivering excellent customer care and ensuring the highest level of cleanliness throughout all work areas
Ensure you are aware of, and comply with all client and company health & safety procedures and standards at all times. This includes but is not limited to Food Handling, COSHH, Uniform Standards, Personal Protective Equipment, Manual Handling, Fire Regulations and quality control
- Complete, maintain and update all Food Safety and Health & Safety paperwork correctly on a continual basis to ensure full compliance
- To ensure all displays, counters and seating areas comply with company and statutory health and hygiene requirements, including but not limited to Food Information Regulations and Reference Intake labelling
- Ensure pre and post service checklists and cleaning schedules have been completed before and after all food services
- To ensure the highest level of customer care is adhered to at all times by role modelling the ESS Way values and behaviours at all times to colleagues and customers
- Manage and drive the completion of all compulsory training with all team members
- Advocate the delivery of all company and unit profit protection procedures, reporting any issues to your line manager
- To proactively up sell and demonstrate an excellent knowledge of products provided to customers and clients
- Conduct and monitor all stocktaking procedures ensuring minimal risk of waste
- To take responsibility of all monies within the mess whilst on shift ensuring all Profit Protection Procedures and relevant paperwork is adhered too at all times
- To prepare, produce and serve food to the brand standard
- Ensure that uniform standards are upheld to the highest standard
- Ensure planograms for retail stock are adhered too and fully compliant with company brand standards
- Ensure company marketing material is up to date and relevant to company standards.
- To work official and unofficial functions as detailed by your Line Manager
- Be flexible and comply with any reasonable requests made by your line Manager including, if necessary working within other units within reasonable distance
Front of House Supervisor
Who you are:
- £9.02 per hour, 37.5 hours per week
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
- A good communicator, able to liaise confidently with customers and engage, motivate and develop team members
- An excellent communicator, able to motivate and develop others
- High standards of personal hygiene
- Previous supervisory experience
- IT literate
- Basic mathematical skills
- Able to work flexibly in line with business requirements including attending off site meetings
- Highly competent in the English language, both written and verbal
- Basic food hygiene/level 2
- Knowledge and experience in till and cash handling
- Self motivated
- Integrity - Respects colleagues & customers
- Health & Safety - Follows the right procedures and challenges unsafe behaviour
- Can Do - Is flexible and takes initiative
- Passion - Is positive & proud of doing a great job
- Responsibility - Takes ownership and doesn't leave things to others or say it's not my job'
- Teamwork - Shares knowledge and experience with other team members
Who we are:
- Experience within a similar role
- IT literate
- Knowledge and experience of supervising or managing people
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
ESS Support Services Worldwide, part of Compass Group UK and Ireland, is the defence, government, offshore and remote business sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. It provides food and support services to major companies and organisations operating in remote sites, defence, central and local government departments, police, prisons & offshore sectors.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.