Do you have working knowledge and experience of ISO26262? Do you have experience in systems engineering and requirement driven developments?
We are looking for our next Functional Safety Consulant to join our Systems and Safety team. HORIBA MIRA is renowned in this domain as a global thought leader, and is a global provider of pioneering engineering, research and test services to the automotive and defence sectors. This role is part of a pivotal team that helps us as a company influence the journeys of tomorrow.
The large team are responsible for the deployment of functional safety and systems engineering expertise and tools across the business to deliver internal and external projects. Projects can involve a combination of engineering, consultancy, analysis, training, audit and assessment either directly to external customers or for internal product developments.
Our vast portfolio covers all domains of land-based transportation including automotive, commercial, off-highway and defence applications. With customers ranging from global vehicle manufacturers down to part-level suppliers, we take a pragmatic approach to scaling international standards and good engineering practice to an appropriate level for the individual client. So, we can guarantee no day or project is the same!
To be successful in this role we are looking for individuals that have experience in:
- Delivering ISO 26262 to vehicle manufacturers and tier 1 suppliers covering all aspects of the safety lifecycle
- Safety analyses techniques, particularly FTA/FMEA with broad exposure to different processes, methodologies and stakeholder objectives
- Functional safety planning & management
- Identifying hazards, performing risk assessment and classification
- User and systems level requirements capture, management and technical review
- Preparing safety cases (including safety arguments)
- System level architectural design and technical review
- Technical leadership of small project teams
- Knowledge and experience in steering, braking or longitudinal motion control
- Deliver a high standard of technical writing
- Present technical information confidently to customers
- Be a self-starter and able to execute designated tasks accurately and within timing and budget constraints
- Strong analytical skills – rigorous but pragmatic, being able to justify decisions with solid rationale
- Sound interpersonal skills
- Educated to degree level in electrical/electronic engineering, systems engineering or a relevant related discipline
- Working toward or have corporate membership of an engineering institution including Chartered Engineer qualification
HORIBA MIRA has 70 years of heritage in developing some of the world’s most iconic vehicles, our engineers utilise the latest test facilities and simulation tools to make vehicles and journeys safer, cleaner, more efficient and rewarding.
The role may involve the successful candidate to travel and work flexibly. The job is may involve periods of 1 week at a time spent overseas up to 6 times per year.
This role falls outside of IR35.