Help get better trained personnel to the front line faster
Project Selborne is an innovative programme that aims to modernise Royal Navy training and deliver better trained sailors to the front line faster.
You will become a subject matter expert in Functional skills English and Maths, and support learners on Apprenticeship Programmes for the Royal Navy.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who wants to advance their career in the Education sector. We will provide you with all the necessary Qualifications such as Level 3 - 5 in Education and Training. What you'll be doing:
- Delivering English and Maths Functional Skills to the Royal Navy, up to 16 in a class
- Monitoring, identifying and producing appropriate training documentation
- Responsible for the Duty of Care of trainees under your control
- Developing coaching and mentoring skills to support learners
- General administration tasks
What we're looking for:
- Previous experience of working in a school/education establishment eg Teaching Assistant, Learning Support Assistant, Higher Learning Teaching, SEN, Pupil Referral Unit Support or Tutor.
- Level 2 Key/Functional Skills in English and Maths, or an equivalent/above
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good IT skills using Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work independently, as well as within a team
- Ability to obtain Security Clearance
About Project Selborne:
Project Selborne is a 1 billion, 12-year contract which commenced operations on 1 April 2021. It is a strategic partnership between Team Fisher (a consortium of partners, led by Capita) and the Royal Navy, to transform 80% of shore-based training for sailors, submariners and marines.
We're proud of our Team Fisher and Royal Navy strategic partnership. Working across 14 locations, we're operating under a 'Whole Force' approach, working openly and putting collaboration at the heart of everything we do. We have a mix of uniformed and non-uniformed colleagues who are collectively delivering together. Our combined training approach brings together the very best subject matter expertise. Together we bring depth, understand and real-life hands-on experience, alongside a wealth of industry and academic best practice to develop and implement the latest learning techniques, modernisation and quality improvements.
Please visit the below link for further information;
Royal Navy education & training Selborne | Careers at Capita
What's in it for you?
- Offering a salary of 27,000
- 23 days' holiday (rising to 27) with the opportunity to buy extra leave
- Company matched pension, life assurance, a cycle2work scheme, 15 weeks' fully paid maternity, adoption and shared parental leave, paternity pay of two weeks...and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from discounts on retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing, travel and technology
- The opportunity to take a paid day out of the office, volunteering for our charity partners or a cause of your choice
- Access to our Employee Network Groups, which represent every strand of diversity and allow colleagues to connect and learn from each other on an open, inclusive platform
- Joining an existing team
- The role offers better work/life balance
- Good training and development on offer - Level 3 - 5 Education and Training Qualifications will be provided by Capita
What we hope you'll do next:
Choose 'Apply now' to fill out our short application, so that we can find out more about you.
We're an equal opportunity and Disability Confident employer, which means we recruit and develop people based on their merit and passion. We're committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment process and working environment for everyone. If you need the job description or application form in an alternative format (such as large print or audio), or if you'd like to discuss other changes or support you might need going forward, please email Iqbal at email@example.com or call 07784 237318 and we'll get back to you. For more information about equal opportunities and process adjustments, please visit the Capita Careers website.