HMP/YOI Bronzefield are currently recruiting for 4 Functional Skills Tutors. In this role you will plan, develop, implement and evaluate activities and appropriate courses to teach learners to increase their basic education levels up to level 2. You should hold a full teaching qualification (Minimum of CTLLS) or PGCE and experience of delivering Functional skills in the classroom.
Awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People, HMP YOI Bronzefield focuses on providing needs-based services and programmes aimed at rehabilitating and maintaining the well-being of prisoners. HMP YOI Bronzefield is an all female prison that can hold up to 527 women.Working in a prison might not be what you think. We have a huge range of roles in a dynamic, unique, exciting, challenging but very rewarding environment. We aim to reduce reoffending and rehabilitate, changing lives for the better.
Sodexo Justice delivers custodial and community rehabilitation services that challenge offending behaviour, protect the public and offer individuals the opportunity to change their lives for the better. We deliver the total operation of five prisons within England, Scotland and Wales and own six Community Rehabilitation Companies in partnership with crime reduction charity Nacro.Job Description
£24,341 - £29,285.49 + London weighting (£3,453 per annum that is paid as £287.75 recurring monthly payment)
2 positions available - 3 full time 37.5 hours and 1 part time 18.75 hours
Excellent benefits including season ticket loans, free meals, free parking, subsidised gym membership, group discount schemes, pension and 38 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays).
The role will be based within the prison at HMP Bronzefield, Woodthorpe Road, Ashford, Middlesex, TW15 3JZ.
Please note this is not located near Ashford in Kent.
For more information on Sodexo Careers please visit Careers in Justice Main Responsibilities
- Work effectively and efficiently with the Curriculum Lead to produce innovative and stimulating lessons for prisoners to encourage participation whatever level the prisoners are starting from
- Effectively plan courses and lessons by preparing and using schemes of work and lesson plans for all classes for the benefit of the learner as for evidence at inspection/lesson observations
- Identify the needs of individuals in classes and groups and develop differentiate teaching methods and resources accordingly
- Assist in any marketing strategies related to courses, delivery and training within normal work hours and out of normal work hours
- Establish a rapport with prisoners to encourage them to take their first steps in learning and achieve a recognised qualification
**See below full job description**The Ideal Candidate
- Full teaching qualification (Minimum of CTLLS) or PGCE or working towards
- Experience of delivering Functional skills in the classroom
- Recognised Level 3 qualification or above in an identified subject and professional experience
- Have an interest in the rehabilitation and resettlement of offenders
- Have an ability to communicate effectively at all times through different mediums, including spoken and written communication.
- A flexible and responsive attitude
- Enthusiasm for the subject area
- Willingness to innovate and demonstrate self-motivation
- Awareness of and commitment to the promotion of equal opportunities and the recognition of diversity and inclusion
About The Company
- Experience of instructing/supporting people with challenging behaviour
- Assessor or IV qualification is desirable.
- Experience in a prison environment
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We're a Disability Confident Leader employer. We're committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Please note all roles within Sodexo Justice are subject to security and recruitment checks which may include a Social Media Check. You will also be asked to provide 5 years' worth of references and request employment history details from the HMRC.