Furniture Warehouse Operative / Delivery Driver
RAF Croughton, NN13 5XP
Full time role between Monday- Friday
£8.50-£10.00 Per Hour
Reporting to the Serco FMS Supervisor, the role requires you to load the vehicles and deliver/collect furniture and install/uninstall white goods into servicemen's homes.
Additionally, in support of the FMS operation you will be required to pick items for delivery, clean and test white goods and furniture that have been returned to the FMS. Additional duties will also include assistance with the stock inventory's and warehouse husbandry. The role will report directly to the Furniture Management Section Supervisor.
- Safe loading of the vehicles in a manner to cause no damage to any items or vehicles, with proper weight distribution.
- Check all items against a manifest to ensure all items are present and complete.
- To follow all road and driving regulations, driving hours and Working Time Directive.
- To deliver furniture into servicemen's homes and position the items as desired by the customer causing no damage to the property.
- To install, test and demonstrate white goods in customers' homes, ensuring no damage or leaks from the appliance's.
- Additionally, the role may require you to help with warehouse duties to include cleaning and testing of white goods and furniture, stock inventory and general duties.
- Assist in ensuring the Lease Vehicles are cleaned to meet company standards.
- You will assist the FMS Supervisor in scheduling workloads to achieve contracted deliveries, which may include occasional overnight stops.
- Unloading and assembly of deliveries of new stock or reusable stock from other agencies.
- Assist in arranging deliveries and collections to suit customer requirements with best value.
- Maintain excellent interpersonal skills at all times as you will be dealing with customers during the stressful period of moving home.
- The ability to multi-task to assist in other contracted areas - learning various roles and skills, for which training will be provided.
- You will be responsible for the safe custody of Customer and Serco owned tools, equipment, appliances and furniture in your charge.
- Any other contractual duties as required by the FMS Supervisor or Site Manager.
What we are looking for in our candidates:
Full Clean Driving Licence
Experience of regular driving duties
Experience of warehouse work
Communication and customer service skills when dealing personnel
Flexibility and able to work as part of the team
The role is subject to gaining the appropriate Security Clearance.
This role can be physically demanding at times through the nature of moving furniture and appliances.
At Serco, not only is the nature of the work we do important, everyone has an important role to play, from caring for vulnerable people to managing complex public services. We are a team of 50,000 people responsible for delivering essential public services around the world in areas including defence, transport, justice, immigration, healthcare and citizen services. We are innovators, committed to redesigning and improving public services for the benefit of everyone.
By joining Serco you will have unlimited access to our Global Employee Networks - SercoInspire (Gender), SercoEmbrace (Multicultural), SercoUnlimited (Disability) and In@Serco (LGBT & Networks). Serco Employee Networks, led by colleagues who are passionate about diversity, inclusion and belonging.
Please click on the apply button to complete your application. Occasionally we receive a large volume of applications for our roles and when that happens we sometimes bring the closing date forward, so please apply promptly to avoid disappointment.
We're a Disability Confident employer and are committed to equal opportunities. If you have any additional queries, requirements or you need more time to apply, then please contact our recruitment team directly on 0345 010 4000. Disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the job will be given the opportunity to demonstrate their abilities at an interview.
Serco supports fair access to employment for those with unspent criminal convictions through the Ban the Box' pledge (some may be exempt due to the nature of the role and the security clearance required).