Ganger / Archway Operative Location:
Towcester, Northamptonshire Business Area:
Permanent Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Kier Group is the UK's leading highways service provider, delivering an incredibly diverse range of road, bridge and tunnel projects - from planning and programming stage through to delivery, maintenance and operation. We work with a wide range of partners such as local authorities and Highways England to improve the quality and safety of UK roads - making us the No.1 highways and tunnel maintenance team across the country, delivering over £1 billion of social value by maintaining 31,000km of roads used by six million people in their everyday lives.
A fantastic opportunity has become available for an experienced Ganger within Kier Highways Team. Reporting to the Supervisor the main purpose of this role is to operate and maintain the Archway Roadmaster road repair system and complete works orders that are allocated on a daily basis, full training will be given in how to operate and maintain the machine.
Key Responsibilities include:
What are we looking for? To be successful in this role you will
- Managing the works daily ensuring that the site is safe for both the operative and general public
- Operating the Archway machine in accordance with its operating procedures and ensure that the maximum outputs are achieved - full training will be given
- Safe keeping and operation of the Roadmaster machine including responsibility for their daily maintenance i.e. Minor repairs and cleanliness of the vehicle
- Managing and monitoring of material stock levels within the depot for usage with this process
- Work to KierWSP, Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality standards
- It is anticipated that the machine will not operate in adverse conditions so the successful candidate will be deployed to carry out other roadworks duties including pothole, footway repairs
- Responsible for the completion of timesheets, vehicle checks and any other relevant paperwork
- Previous experience at level Ganger/Road Worker 3 level or equivalent with appropriate certificates for that level
- Has completed all training laid down by the SHE matrix for the level of work.
- Training in complex plant operation
- Holds certificate to operate at least two major pieces of relevant plant or equipment
- Ability to respond to members of the public in a polite manner
- To be well presented in good quality, clean PPE
- Able to undertake their work activities in a safe manner in compliance with the KierWSP health and safety management system and not compromising the health and safety of their colleagues, subcontractors, the client and members of the public
- Work hours for this role will be extended during the summer month. I.e. evening/weekend paid overtime.
What can you expect from us?
- Relevant CSCS card for level of work
- Current driving licence up to HGV Class C
- First aid certificate
- 12D traffic management Units T1 & T2
- NRSWA - Operative
In return you can expect a competitive salary and an outstanding package that includes a matched pension scheme up to 7.5%, 21 days' annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday), two employee Share Scheme options, together with additional valuable benefits such as:
- Access to a range of attractive Flexible benefit options to tailor your package to suit your lifestyles
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to Kier Rewards, our exclusive Discount Shopping Site with deals available at over 800 retailers
- Plus, many more benefits geared to your wellbeing.
It's worth remembering that we'll undertake the relevant/standard employment checks if you're successful in the selection process. This includes taking up your references, as well as checking your ID, driving licence (if appropriate) and your right to work in the UK. Some roles may also be subject to further pre-employment checks. We encourage flexible working wherever possible in your role - and this may allow you to work from home or from one of our other offices/sites, if appropriate. Make the journey. Leave a legacy.
Being part of Kier means living our values of being Collaborative, Trusted
We all have the potential to shape our world, and it's through these values that we will leave a lasting legacy.
Bring your talent and ambition to Kier and you will be given the scope and opportunity to invest in your own future, to build your expertise and contribute to a rich and diverse culture. Kier is an inclusive employer. Closing Date: 10th March 2021 Please note, interviews make take place before the closing date, and we reserve the right to close applications early.