Kick Start your career and join the team at Hilton St Georges Park, proud to be the home of English football.
This unique Hilton property based outside Burton upon Trent (DE13 9PD) is the home of the 28 English Football Teams while also offering the opportunity to work for the biggest player in global hospitality, Hilton.
Working as a Gardner you will be paid a salary of £20.950 per year
Be part of a high preforming team, creating a home from home for our leisure guests, world class sport teams and corporate clients.
When we say unique we mean it! Offering 228 contemporary bedrooms, complemented by a wonderful food and beverage offering including the relaxing Crossbar, Restaurant and Coffee Lounge which is proud to service Starbucks. In addition we have high quality meeting and events space, Spa and top class fitness facilities surrounded by acers of Staffordshire countryside including 13 outdoor
football pitches including a replica of the Wembley pitch.
*Do you want to work for the UK's #1 Great Places to Work 2021? If so, we have a world of opportunities available for you at Hilton Hotels and Resorts!*
We are looking for positive and friendly candidates join our brilliant team. We have a variety of hours, contracts and shift patterns available.
We can offer you....
About the role ....
- Taxi to work scheme- we are proud to offer a £5 contribution each way towards your taxi bill to ensure you arrive and get home safely
- Free parking on site if you are driving to work
- Free meals during your shift
- Worldwide travel perks - up to 30 nights at discounted rates from forty-five pounds per night with GO HILTON!
- Personal membership to Hilton Marketplace (Perks at Works)
Responsible for presenting
all garden, planted/shrubbery and lawned areas at the hotel to the highest standards through orthodox gardening practices, in line with the visions of the Hotel Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and prepare the gardens and landscaped areas of the hotel to the high standards as set out by SGP Assistant Head of Estates.
- Ensure the hotel boundary is kept clear of litter and presentable for visitors, clients, and staff at all times.
- Ensure clear and safe access for both pedestrians and vehicles throughout the hotel grounds particularly during adverse weather conditions.
- Lawn maintenance and care to include - mowing, edging, scarifying, fertilising, spraying, weeding, strimming, top dressing, re-seeding, and any other repair works.
- Border and planter maintenance to include - planting, weeding, pruning, forking, digging, mulching, watering, edging.
- Hedge and tree maintenance to
include - weeding, cutting, gap filling, edging.
- Maintaining hard standing areas to include - cleaning, spraying, weeding, brushing, blowing.
- To be responsible for ensuring all equipment and tools are returned in good condition.
- Maintain all equipment in line with manufactures standards to ensure optimum operation at all times.
- To inform supervisors of any maintenance issues, damages or breakages to the site or tools.
- To wear the correct PPE as laid out in the Health and Safety guidelines.
- To comply with all company policy and best practise in security, legal and regulatory compliance.
- To carry out all duties, within the relevant legislation ensuring all H&S responsibilities are fulfilled.
- To carry out any training required for development of your role, to include mandatory inhouse training set out by Hilton group.
enthusiastic, fit and capable of heavy work. Able to work in all weather conditions and able to use powered machinery.