Looking for flexible Catering work? The Compass Group are able to offer a position as a general assistant within their Healthcare sector. Job Description
We have an exciting opportunity for a General Assistant to join our lovely catering team at BMI The Duchy Hospital.
This role is for 20 hours per week paying £8.80 hourly.
Shifts on Saturdays and Sundays will be from 7:00am - 1:30pm Additional 8 hours in the week, which could be to your liking. This will be discussed at interview stage. Main Responsibilities
The Ideal Candidate
- Undertaking a variety of tasks within the catering facility including; serving hot & cold food, clearing tables, refreshment service, operating the till & cash handling
- You will be required to work under your own initiative and also as part of a team
- To prepare food items using very basic cooking skills i.e. baked potatoes with salad garnish and filling, preparing sandwiches, cooking of eggs, bacon, chips.
- Ensuring all areas are kept clean and tidy to promote a safe working environment at all times
- A smart and tidy appearance is imperative to this role
About The Company
- Good command of the English language with a passion for patient care and be able to liaise closely with ward staff.
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards.
- Must have a 'Can do' attitude.
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced healthcare environment and has a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Previous Catering experience and knowledge is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
- Be aware that this is a hospital environment and at times you may come in contact with patients that are particularly unwell or showing signs of distress.
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Baring Service check costs, are met by the employer.
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
We offer great discounts such as discounted cinema tickets, gyms membership, food outlets and supermarkets as well as life insurance and the option to join the company pension scheme. We offer further training by offering an accredited qualification through our NVQ program.