Are you looking for a new challenge? For a rewarding job where you have the opportunity to make a real difference? Would you like to contribute to the greater good of the healthcare field? If so, then we would love to hear from you!
A new opportunity has arisen for a General Assistant to join the Medirest Family. We are looking for new members to join our highly dedicated Catering team.
As a General Assistant you would provide a warm and welcoming environment for our residents, every day is different and by facilitating their nutrition and hydration needs, you can make a real difference! What we'll give:
More about the role:
- £11.50 per hour, 24 hours a week
- Shift Pattern: Monday - Friday- 10am-3pm
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
- Must be vaccinated against COVID-19
This job will be working in a residential home and will consist of:
Who you are:
- Serving the residents 3 meals a day in the main dining room (plated service)
- Food preparation is limited to occasional veg prep
- Prepare and provide refreshments and a hot and cold food service.
- Washing up is required dependent on shift
- Ensuring all areas are always kept clean and tidy to promote a safe working environment.
- Disposal of waste.
Who we are:
- Awareness of food & hygiene standards
- Passionate about care, with the ability to communicate effectively
- Able to work under pressure, individually and as part of a team with a flexible approach to meet the needs of the business.
- Confident working in a care home environment
- It doesn't matter if you've never worked as a General Assistant before. What does matter to us the most, is taking pride in what you do and a willingness to learn and go the extra mile for our residents
- This position is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service check; costs met by the employer.
- As per government legislation, anyone employed to work in a care home must be double COVID 19 vaccinated or medically exempt. Evidence will be required at the point of interview, either by presenting a medical exemption certificate or a letter downloaded via the NHS App evidencing two vaccinations.
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.