Following a recent contract win, we are seeking an experienced General Catering Manager.
We have an exciting opportunity to work in a leading school,. you will lead a team of circa 30 staff and you will have full financial responsibility. The offering will include breakfast, lunch and supper, along with extensive hospitality and events with a real focus on fresh produce in a fast paced environment. There are multiple units onsite.
The overall purpose of this role;
To organise and supervise the unit in accordance with and to the standards required by Compass Group UK & Ireland, the contract specification and statutory Regulations. To be responsible for the overall efficient and effective management of the unit under their control providing a quality service. Responsible for overseeing the preparation, cooking and service of food to agreed standards and specification. To ensure the efficient and economic use is made of all resources, including stock, team members and company assets. What we'll give:
More about the role:
- Up to £40K per annum depending on experience
- Excellent work/life balance
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Key responsibilities within this role will include;
Who you are:
- Provide guidance and take a strategic approach to organising and managing the business through the team that report to you.
- Communicate, motivate and guide effectively your management team and catering staff on a daily basis. Set clear operational responsibilities for your management team and monitor their performance against their individual areas of responsibility.
- To take overall responsibility for both food and health and safety procedures in the college catering department.
- Communicate regularly with the bursar, headmaster and academic staff as required.
- Action plans are completed following Pupil/Staff satisfaction surveys.
- Promote the unit and act as a Chartwells /Compass Advocate at all time.
- Ensure all client hospitality is delivered to the agreed standard and seek feedback on the food and service provided.
- Be present on a frequent basis at pupil/staff meal times ensuring we provide great tasting freshly prepared food at every meal service that pupils and staff look forward to and really love.
- Identify any additional opportunities to enhance/develop the service we provide and discuss with line manager
- Be aware of the need to ring the changes with the food provided, look at ways to bring innovation and flair so the service does not become repetitive.
- To operate to the agreed budget monitor trends and be able to identify corrective action if necessary.
- Ensure all customer requirements are delivered in line with the expectation
We are ideally seeking a candidate with the following attributes;
Who we are:
- Passionate about catering and service delivery
- An adaptive individual who can communicate at all levels from pupils to academic staff
- Have an outgoing personality and be a strong team leader with bags of enthusiasm. Can do attitude to work
- Proven track record of managing large teams
- Enjoys working with fresh food
- Experience of managing a large catering budget
- Sound knowledge of legislative standards
- Organised and enjoys working in a busy environment
- Computer literate with sound financial and commercial acumen
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.