Job Title: General Maintenance Assistant
Ref no.: SF45765
Location: Harrogate, UK
Help us make the world a safer place
We currently have an opportunity for a General Maintenance Assistant (GMA) to join our team working within Mission Systems.
Babcock Mission Systems is a business unit within the Marine Sector of Babcock International Group. Working on a range of exciting design, manufacture and support projects, Mission Systems works with a number of key clients domestically and internationally. We're based at a number of sites in the UK and overseas. The business continues to win new work and grow at a significant pace, as a result we are recruiting for talented, enthusiastic and driven people.
The difference our new GMA will make
You will carry out general household, building, and site maintenance duties.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- The routine maintenance of site areas (including grounds keeping etc.), building exteriors and interiors, furniture and fittings. This includes grass cutting, strimming, pesticides (training will be provided)
- Undertake basic plumbing, carpentry, painting and decorating.
- Legionella testing (training will be provided)
- Monthly / Weekly checks of 1st aid provisions, fire extinguishers, PPE etc
- To be responsible for the day to day operation of the General Maintenance department, ordering materials to maintain cost effective stock levels.
- Apply safety practises correctly.
- Drive and maintain a Forklift truck (training will be provided)
- Supervision of contracted staff to ensure that work is carried out to agreed standards.
- To maintain technical and administration records and provide information as required.
- Safety & Health of self and others who may be affected by work activities
Who we're looking for
You're someone for whom collaboration and teamwork comes naturally. You will be a self-starter who wants to make a positive impact on a daily basis.
- Experience of general building maintenance techniques.
- A comprehensive knowledge of current safe working practices and safety procedures.
- Basic Computer skills including email, Word and spreadsheets (desirable).
- Possession of a current full UK driving licence.
- Qualified to use Strimmer, Mower and Hedging equipment (desirable).
- Qualified to drive Tractors and forklift Trucks (desirable).
What else do I need to know?
- This role is based at Forest Moor (near Harrogate).
- All applicants must have the legal right to work in the UK and be subject to satisfactory security clearance which includes 3 years reference checks. Verification of any qualifications/passport/licences must be shown at interview stage.
- We are happy to talk about flexible working. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview
- Willingness to travel within UK and abroad as required
If you are currently employed by Babcock/Cavendish Nuclear please let your line manager know that you're applying for this vacancy. You should also let them know if you are attending an interview or assessment for a role.
Please note that you will not be able to access the vacancy details after the closing date so you may wish to keep a copy of this advert and any supporting documents for your records.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Closing date: 12/08/22