We are looking for an experienced General Manager to join our team in Southampton, MOD Marchwood. ESS has a fantastic opportunity for a General Manager to join our team and ensure that the onsite team is meeting and exceeding targeted performance levels.
With four direct reports, the General Manager will be responsible for ensuring that onsite teams including; Mess, Cafe and Cleaning are meeting agreed service level agreements and stop problems before they occur.
The team is a lively and ambitious team who are keen to welcome a motivated and productive General Manager to their team! Job Description
- Competitive basic salary, dependent on experience
- 40 hour contract, predominantely 8am - 5pm, with occasional weekend and evening function working
- Genuine opportunity to progress through the business into an Operations route
As a General Manager, working on a military base you will be responsible for the following:
Building and maintaining strong relationships with the DIO, onsite client and reporting Managers
Ensure that the site is adhering to agreed SLA's
Ensure deliverance on profit line whilst working with tight targets
Upsell product lines to make sure profit lines are met
Make sure that all of the Managers understand the budgets that have been set
With the assistance of the wider team, ensure that monthly reports on contract performance are delivered monthly
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal General Manager will have the following experience:
About The Company
- Experience of leading and managing successful teams to deliver great results
- Track record of growing organic sales and retaining business
- Foodservice or similar Soft FM background
- Previous budget management and Profit & Loss account responsibility
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior stakeholders
- Demonstrate commercial awareness
ESS Support Services Worldwide is the defence, government, offshore and remote business sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. It provides food and support services to major companies and organisations operating in remote sites, defence, central and local government departments, police, prisons & offshore sectors.
Please note: This vacancy may close before the advertised end date.