We have a fantastic opportunity here at Compass Group, for an experienced General Manager to join our ESS team based at the Prince William of Gloucester barracks near Grantham
As the General Manager you will lead and develop winning teams of departmental managers and frontline colleagues to provide exceptional service to our client and customers and deliver great results for ESS. You will create a positive safety and wellbeing culture throughout the team to ensure the safety of everyone on site.
The General Manager takes responsibility for the delivery of all contracted services and ensures that every opportunity is taken to innovate and improve service standards and levels of customer satisfaction. Job Description
More about the role:
- Up to £35,000 per annum depending on experience
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Your responsibilities as the General Manager will include:
Who you are:
- Managing client and contractual relationships effectively
- Driving Soft FM services and support solutions that at a minimum,meet contractual obligations but aim to exceed them.
- Ensuring that the site is compliant with company and legal HSE requirements including Food Safety Management System, Food Information Regulations, Risk Assessment, Environmental Management, incident investigation and reporting
- Ensuring that SLAs are achieved
- Building enduring collaborative, productive and effective site level relationships
- Reviewing contract performance, identify improvements and ensure contract compliance to exceed client and customer expectations
- Being accountable for and delivering the sites overall financial budget and profit.
- Ensuring that you and your teams complete all compulsory Training Modules
- Ensuring all HSE incidents, hazard observations and near misses are reported and investigated within the set timeframe
- Leading and conducting regular team meetings and communication briefings
- Analyse all labour costs
- Ensuring that all required company audits are conducted as required and any corrective actions implemented
- Managing subcontractors and develop collaborative relationships to deliver service as per the contract
We are looking for applications from candidates who can demonstrate the following skills and experience:
Who we are:
- Proven experience in managing successful teams and operating in a highly commercial Soft FM environment
- Single or multi site operational experience in a similar role
- Track record of growing sales and retaining business
- Foodservice or similar Soft FM background
- Previous budget management and Profit & Loss account responsibility
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior stakeholders
- I.T & computer literate as well as contribution to web based communications media
- Excellent customer service qualities and high princilples in service delivery
- Good knowledge of food production methods and procedures
- Retail operations experience
- Project / Change management and contract mobilisation experience
- Level 3 Food Safety Training
- IOSH Managing Safely or equivalent
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
ESS Support Services Worldwide, part of Compass Group UK and Ireland, is the defence, government, offshore and remote business sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. It provides food and support services to major companies and organisations operating in remote sites, defence, central and local government departments, police, prisons & offshore sectors.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.