We have a phenomenal opportunity for an experienced and professional General Manager to join the management team here at Compass Group UK & Ireland. You will have overall responsibility for the catering and housekeeping at The Portland Hospital, one of the UK's most prestigious private hospitals where you will manage a large team of highly skilled employees across the patient, staff and housekeeping areas. If you have operational management experience in high end hotels, hospitality or private healthcare - we want to hear from you! Job Description
More about the role:
- Up to £45,000 per annum depending on experience
- 40hrs per week
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
You will have overall responsibility for the patient dining, hospitality, staff dining and house keeping. You will also be responsible for liaising with the client on a daily basis and building strong working relationships. This is one of our most prestigious contracts where every day is different, you will be leading a strong workforce of up to 90, ensuring standards are met and exceeded and that food quality and customer service is at a 5 star standard at all times. You will need to be extremely passionate about catering and service delivery, diligent and professional and be able to work well under pressure. Who you are:
Who we are:
- Previous rexperience in high end management of catering/housekeeping
- Excellent communication skills
- Keen eye for detail
- Strength of character to manage complex relationships
- Sound commercial acumen and experience of managing £2m plus revenue P&L
- Strong knowledge of Food Safety & HSE
- Passionate about 5 star food quality and service
- Evidence of ability to lead innovation and grow sales
- Strong people manager with experience in HR processes
- Client relationship building is high on your agenda
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Medirest is the specialist healthcare operating company of Compass Group UK & Ireland, providing a full range of hotel services, including staff, patient and visitor catering, domestics, portering, security and reception, at over 130 NHS Trusts and private hospitals.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.