We have a great opportunity for an experienced General Manager to manage one of our prestigious contracts in Ipswich. As the General Manager you will drive excellence in the service and experience of the operation. You will Identify, motivate, train, develop and direct team members to deliver exceptional service and accomplish daily goals and targets that are set. Ensure that all teams are motivated, enthusiastic and feel supported and are able to accomplish any challenges that they face. This position also oversees the administrative and operational tasks, including financial management and analysis, sanitation and safety. Job Description
- Up to £35,000 depending on experience.
- Monday-Friday (40 hours per week with some flexibility).
- Lots of scope to train, develop and progress within RA and the Compass Group.
The General Manager will focus on innovative hospitality and events in order to support operational excellence. You will design, manage and own the overall experience, not just the food offering.
The Ideal Candidate
- Set expectations for hospitality and staff dinning.
- Has a passion for quality food preparation and taste,
- Trains and develops the team to ensure the team are fully trained in providing an exceptional customer journey.
- Conduct all reviews, coaching sessions, and disciplinary actions in a professional and timely manner.
- Monitor and manage all financial responsibilities.
- Ensure all sector and Compass employee guidelines are implemented and adhered to.
- Create a culture of Food and Workplace Safety.
- Treat all customers with professionalism, care and respect.
- Respond to all comments and complaints within 24 hours and follows up with a written or verbal response with copies to the Head of Operations and our partner.
- Communicate with our partner honestly, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure cafe teams work within budget while maintaining high standards.
- Ensure that all food and hospitality operations meet great expectations and standards.
- Meets all timelines for quarter and year-end reports given by our partner and Sector Employer.
About The Company
- Management experience within contract catering and managing a team.
- Have experience in food service management.
- You will have previous experience in managing a site and building strong relationships with Stakeholders
- A proven ability to maximise budget, enhance user experience and creativity across all channels in alignment with business strategy.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Sound knowledge of Hygiene, Health and Safety.
- Proven coaching and teaching skills with peers, individuals, and teams.
- Standards and quality driven management style.
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery.
- Interpersonal, administrative and organisational skills.
- A 'Can do' attitude.
- Eye for detail.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Financial and commercial acumen.
- Computer literate.
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Founded in New York 59 years ago, Restaurant Associates, part of Compass Group UK and Ireland, brings high quality employee dining and hospitality to some of the UK's leading workplaces. We believe in the power of food and drink to bring people together, whether in a restaurant or speciality café, to inspire them to do great things at work.
Our food is crafted onsite by passionate people using the best ingredients and we know that a balanced, plant focused, natural, fresh and sustainable menu will increase the productivity of our customers and keep them motivated and happy whilst at work.
We provide amazing food, create inviting spaces, and develop engaging environments that inspire, motivate and unite our customers.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.