Are you a perfectionist who thrives on ensuring the highest level of service to your clients and customers? Do you enjoy using your skills to create a thriving and successful working environment? If this is you, we have the ideal role for you as a General Manager.
At Compass we believe a successful career starts with passion, creativity and positivity. As one big family, our people are proud of what we do, we offer career opportunities and the chance to work across many different sectors. Job Description
More about the role:
- Up to £32,000 per annum depending on experience
- 40 Hours per week
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
The General Manager will thrive on getting the best out of people and maximising opportunities. You are drawn to satisfaction from managing, training and supporting your team. You'll will support your team in providing a professional food service, ensuring that company standards are maintained and that Client expectations are met.
Who you are:
- Ensure that the location achieves, as a minimum, the financial targets agreed with the client in line with the budget.
- Monitor the work of all the staff and carry out appraisals, recognise training needs and potential as appropriate.
- Hold team meetings on a regular basis to communicate targets
- As the General Manager you will be working closely with your Operations Manager to prepare budgets; achieve and maintain the food cost in accordance with the budget.
- Develop and evolve all client's services at location, ensuring regular adjustments and improvements are both recommended and implemented.
As the General Manager you will ideally have a successful background in Food Service/Contract Catering/Hospitality, you see and treat your current location as your own business, using your skills to create a thriving and successful working environment. You possess excellent management and communication skills and have a good understanding of financial management. You will have the ability to display a real passion for food and customer service and be financially and commercially astute. Who we are:
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Compass Group UK and Ireland is part of Compass Group Plc, the world's leading foodservice company. We specialise in providing food, vending and related services on our clients' premises. The company operates across the core sectors of Business & Industry, Defence, Offshore & Remote Site, Healthcare, Education, Sports & Leisure and Vending with an established brand portfolio.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.