We have an opportunity for a confident and highly motivated General Operative to operate all mobile plant and equipment to the highest standards to maximise production at our Newbold Quarry, in Burton upon Trent, Staffordshire
About the role
As a General Operative your role is to inspect, carry out and ensure that plant routines are regularly adhered to and that the cleanliness of the plant mechanism, plant area, adjacent buildings, and equipment are at all times properly and regularly inspected, cleaned in accordance with site instructions.
Other elements of the role include:
- Report any health and safety issues in line with the Company Health and Safety policy
- Maintaining a high standard of housekeeping keeping areas clean, tidy and hazard free
- Behave in line with ‘Don’t walk by’ at all times
- Operation of manufacturing plant and equipment safely and efficiently
- Controlling the quality of product
- Work efficiently in order to meet production targets
- Deal with all daily issues professionally and liaise with site management on a regular basis
- Be responsible for the manufacturing assets that are entrusted to you i.e. materials, equipment, buildings, and stores
- To react promptly and effectively to breakdowns by liaising with maintenance and assisting where needed
- To inspect, carry out and ensure that plant routines are regularly adhered to and that the cleanliness of the plant mechanism, plant area, adjacent buildings, and equipment are at all times properly and regularly inspected, cleaned in accordance with site instructions
- To carry out other reasonable tasks within the scope of your operation and abilities as and when Required
What will you bring?
- General Operative with a requirement for drive and enthusiasm and is able to work as part of Shift team
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Physically fit capable of manual labour, including lifting and carrying 20kgs for short distances
- Happy to work rotating day, night and afternoon shifts
What’s on offer?
- Competitive Salary and benefits recognizing the contribution you bring
- Opportunities for Career Progression both at home and abroad
- An inclusive and safety focused culture with people at the heart of the business
We are committed to building a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Why join Aggregate Industries?
While you help us become a leader in innovative and sustainable construction solutions, we promise to help you grow in a dynamic working environment that offers attractive working conditions and encourages personal and professional development
About Aggregate Industries
We’re at the frontline of the construction and infrastructure industries, producing and supplying an array of construction materials. With over 200 sites and around 3,700 dedicated employees, we’re home to everything from aggregates, asphalt, ready-mixed concrete and precast concrete products. On top of that, we produce, import and supply construction materials, export aggregates and offer national road surfacing and contracting services. A full range of products which will help you work sustainably, safely, professionally and profitably.
We’re also a proud member of Holcim, which is the leading global building materials and solutions company with around 70,000 employees in over 80 countries. It holds leading positions in all regions with a balanced portfolio of developing and mature markets.
#BuildingProgress for people and the planet.