Salary: Starting from £30,450 plus Veolia benefits
Location: Tidworth with occasional travel to the South / South East
Programme Duration: 2-year programme starting in September 2024
When you see the world as we do, you see the chance to help the world take better care of its resources, and help it become a better place for everyone.
Through our graduate scheme, you'll help us to achieve our purpose of Ecological Transformation and build a career we can be proud of. No matter what role you have, when you join us you can play a key role in achieving our vision, and we can make yours happen too.
We know that everyone here at Veolia can help us work alongside our communities, look after the environment in small and big ways, and contribute towards our inclusive culture.
What we can offer you;
- 25 days of annual leave
- Ongoing training and development opportunities, allowing you to reach your full potential
- Access to our company pension scheme and life assurance
- One paid days leave every year to volunteer and support your community
- Access to a range of resources to support your physical, mental and financial health; so you can lean on us whenever you need to
- 24-hour access to a virtual GP, 365 days a year, for you and family members in your household
- Discounts on everything from groceries to well-known retailers
During this programme, you'll gain valuable insight into our services and strategic projects and we'll help you to further develop your skills and knowledge so that you can succeed in your career. You'll also join our graduate network and receive our continued support throughout.
We're strong believers in continuous development here at Veolia and actively encourage and support everyone to keep going after you finish the programme.
What you'll be doing;
- Deliver key projects and support a range of contracts across IWE (Industrial, Water Energy) South and South East, as well as occasional travel to Gibraltar.
- Learn about Veolia's purpose and services provided by the IWE business unit.
- Become familiar with health and safety procedures and undertake all relevant training.
- Gain hands-on experience on energy, water and waste contracts from routine maintenance to annual inspections and water/wastewater services.
- Learn all about contract performance from service delivery to monthly reporting.
- Work on technical and commercial projects.
- Learn to work with the wider Veolia support function to assist with continuous improvement plans.
- Learn to recognise problems and use resources available to solve them.
- Develop relationships with other members from diverse and multi-skilled teams (from HR, IT and business development) to understand Veolia's business.
- Work closely with Contract Managers to gain commercial awareness and learn all there is to know about P&Ls and budgets.
What we're looking for;
- A degree-level qualification in Engineering, ideally mechanical, electrical or environmental sciences (to be achieved by September 2024)
- Good interpersonal skills from a range of experiences and environments
- A good communicator - must be able to talk to colleagues, clients, and suppliers, as well as able to produce high-quality written work
- A proactive and self-motivated individual who is curious, keen to learn, and relishes a challenge
- Keen interest in sustainability with good project management skills
In order to be successful applying for this role you MUST be willing to travel across the South and South East Regions to work on a variety of different projects.
Before we can consider your application further, you'll need to complete a couple of short, gamified assessments. If you're successful following this, we'll then invite you to one of our virtual assessment days and a site visit.
Apply today, so we can make a difference for generations to come.
We're proud to be listed in The Sunday Times Best Places to Work 2023, being named as a Top 10 Very Big Organisation and Highly Commended as a workplace for 55+. This accolade further demonstrates our commitment to our people and our actions in creating an environment where everyone can be their true selves and enjoy working at Veolia.
We want to ensure that you feel supported throughout the application process and provide reasonable adjustments where necessary and requested. If you require any reasonable adjustments as part of your application and interview process please do not hesitate to let us know.
Here at Veolia, we're proud to be known as an equal opportunities employer. We know how important it is to be fully committed to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive place to work for every one of our colleagues. So no matter their age, gender, gender expression, disability, race, ethnicity, religion, belief, sexuality or veteran status, every applicant who meets the minimum requirements will be considered fully.