We are seeking a Graduate Software Developer to support Greggs in delivering an exciting suite of innovative, greenfield products that will ensure that both digital and physical in-store experiences including in-store kiosk ordering, click and collect, new till software, order fulfilment apple and customer loyalty apps work seamlessly for our customers and colleagues to deliver a great experience.
The mission-critical products you will be working on will help millions of customers to engage with Greggs in a fast, friendly and frictionless way every day.
Working as part of an autonomous, cross-functional, agile, product focussed team, you will help the team to really understand and empathise with our customers.
We believe in growing together - as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
We take immense pride in fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace culture. We firmly believe that the collective tapestry of backgrounds, ethnicities, genders, sexualities, and experiences enriches our environment and propels us towards innovation and excellence. We are committed to providing equal opportunities for all, ensuring that each individual, regardless of their background, has the platform and support they need to thrive and realise their full potential.
This is a full-time role, however flexibility in this will be considered. We know that having a work-life balance is important, so we offer our colleagues as much flexibility as possible in line with the needs of their role. The base location for this role is Greggs Innovate House, Balliol Industrial Park Ideally, you'll live within one hour travel of this area Vacancy Information
We have a fantastic opportunity to join the Digital team at Greggs and really help deliver an exciting suite of innovative, greenfield products that will ensure that both digital and physical in-store experiences including in-store kiosk ordering, click and collect, new till software, order fulfilment apple and customer loyalty apps work seamlessly for our customers and colleagues to deliver a great experience.
We can offer you:
25 days (5 weeks) annual leave, pro-rated, increasing with service (in addition to bank holidays), plus 1 additional floating day
Management Bonus Scheme which is worth up to 10% of your salary
Profit share: We want everyone to share in the success of the business, so we distribute 10% of our profits to all our employees who have at least 6-month service, or more, each year
Private Medical Insurance which is free for you and subsidised for your dependants
Permanent Health Insurance which is a replacement income scheme
You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
Defined contribution management pension scheme
Death in service benefit which provides a lump-sum payment equal to 4 times your year's salary
Colleague discount, up to 50% off our own-produced products
Share save schemes that let you buy discounted Greggs shares, by saving a set amount of money over a fixed time, to have an even bigger share of our profits
Career progression and learning and development
Employee Assistance Programme; A free, confidential helpline, offering advice and support with financial, relationship, work-related and wellbeing issues, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Including a mobile app providing a range of wellness content on physical, mental, social, and financial wellbeing
Perks and savings, such as digital gift card discounts, online cashback, in-store and online coupons and lifestyle offers
What you'll do
Cycle to Work scheme
A company who cares about our communities; the environment and being a better business! Click here to read about The Greggs Pledge
Colleague Networks - internal groups where colleagues and their allies can share their own experiences, offer feedback on the way we do things at Greggs, and provide support to one another
- Be passionate about writing clean, testable and maintainable code
- Have experience of developing CI/CD pipelines including integration, functional and end-to-end testing
- Be comfortable working with cloud platforms and services
- Be an advocate for taking a test driven approach to development using testing frameworks and tools (e.g. xunit, Moq etc.)
- Have an in-depth knowledge of C#, . NET and object oriented design principles and patterns
- Have experience working with RESTful APIs written in .NET
- Have an in depth knowledge of web application security best practices
- Have a proactive can-do attitude and will enjoy contributing towards an adaptive, fun and creative environment
- Write high quality code that is highly secure, always considering levels of risk and the importance of security best practices
- Have experience of building trust and highly effective working relationships with a diverse range of technical and none technical stakeholders at all levels of the organisation.
It would be advantageous if you had any of the following:
- Experience of designing and developing distributed, micro-service architectures
- Docker / kubernetes / service mesh technologies
- Have knowledge of modern web application authentication and authorisation approaches including JWT, OpenID Connect and OAuth
- Mobile development experience (Flutter, Android, iOS)
- Experience delivering service in Micro-service architecture environment
- Front end development experience (let us know if you've worked with Vue.js!)
We are looking for passionate people that love working as a part of a team to join us on our journey.
You will have a proactive, can-do attitude and enjoy contributing towards an adaptive, fun and creative environment. You will be capable of working cross functionally and facilitating and collaborating with multiple stakeholder groups.
You will be a lifelong learner and will enjoy joining us on a continuous journey of learning and improving as we strive to become a high-performing, self-organising product team, applying adaptive planning techniques to deliver innovative solutions to business problems.
You will care about delivering high-quality products that are robust, secure, scalable and maintainable, ensuring quality is baked-in, learning from and sharing your knowledge with others through paired and mob programming and code reviews. About Greggs
Here at Greggs, we love what we do, and we have fun! What makes Greggs so special is our culture - the way we are, the way we behave and the way we support each other. We're hard-working, but above all else we're family; and it doesn't matter who you are, where you're from or what your favourite bake is, we'd love you to join us! We want everyone to feel welcome at Greggs and our colleagues to be able to be themselves at work, whatever their background, preferences, or views.