Located in the heart of Mayfair, London Hilton on Park Lane was the first Hilton to open within the UK and is close to all that London has to offer, whether it be musicals, Royal Parks or world famous landmarks. Find us overlooking Hyde Park, within half a mile of Green Park and Buckingham Palace, and only one tube stop from Big Ben and the London Eye. Soaring high above the city streets, the hotel is famed for its unparalleled five star luxury. With 453 spacious guest rooms, including 56 suites and a Penthouse Suite, there is something for all.
The 28th floor restaurant, Galvin at Windows, offers fine dining and views spanning London. On the same floor, 10 Degrees Sky Bar serves expertly crafted mixology. The ground level is home to Podium Restaurant and bar, where breakfast, lunch, dinner and award winning afternoon tea is served. There is also a Champagne bar - CC Bar, and in the basement, Trader Vic’s - London’s only Polynesian-themed restaurant and bar. The hotel is also home to Wyld by Nature; an eco-friendly nightclub with sustainability at its core.
Furthermore, the first floor is currently undergoing renovation and is due to complete April 2022. This includes the iconic Grand Ballroom, Wellington & Harvest Ballroom and the Executive Lounge.
Here at London Hilton on Park Lane, we create heartfelt experiences for all
our Guests and meaningful opportunities for all our Team Members. This has led to Hilton being consistently recognised as “Great Places to Work.”
This is not just a job. We offer you an exceptional career alongside a path to self-discovery and growth.
A Group, Conference and Events Coordinator will ensure the effective coordination and administration of all group bedroom bookings, as per the group reservations procedure.
Salary - £22,500 Per Year
• Free meals on duty
• Travel and food discounts: - Discounted hotel nights plus 50% off F&B (subject to individual outlets)
• Holiday: 28 days including bank holidays (increasing yearly)
• Pension scheme
• Discounted dental and health cover
• High street discounts: with Perks at Work
• Grow your career: access to a network of 6500+ hotels across 100+ countries (subject to local right to work rules)
• Personal Development: programmes designed to support your career
What will I be doing?
The Group, Conference and Events Planning Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the planning team with various tasks such as floor plans, seating arrangements, menu tastings, and deliveries with event suppliers.
As Group, Conference and Events Planning Coordinator, you will also ensure the effective coordination and administration of all group bedroom bookings, as per the group reservations procedure.
Specifically, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Adhere to the events and group yield policy in order to maximize revenue
• Develop and maintain a customer database
• Generate and develop sales leads and contact potential clients to build business relationships
• Research local competition and local events
• Manage administrative requests as directed by the Management Team
• Manage an events schedule to maximise yield
• Build strong relationships with customers, Guests and Team Members in order to gain full understanding of their needs and work to serve them effectively
• Arrange and carry out Hotel show rounds
• Ensure the complete administration and execution of all planned events
• Participate in hotel promotional activities
What are we looking for?
A Group, Conference and Events Coordinator serving Hilton brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• Good organisational and administration skills
• Positive attitude and good communication skills
• Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
• Confident telephone manner
• High level of IT skills
• Excellent grooming standards
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• Knowledge of the hotel property management systems
• Previous experience in a Conference and Events function
• Relevant degree, in a business discipline, from an academic institution
• In line with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom.
• Documentation is required at interview stage (for EU Nationals share code requested to check EU Settled/Pre-Settled status)