To enhance the customer and team member reputation of The Venues Collection by ensuring all new and existing employees receive the right onboarding, coaching, training & development and guidance during their employment.
Responsible for providing and supporting the delivery of a robust, pro-active HR information and control service to The Venues Collection. To actively participate in the development of a One Compass UK HR Function to continually improve service levels, quality of management information and standardise processes in the most cost-effective manner. What we'll give:
Group HR Manager
More about the role:
- £45,000 per annum depending on experience, 40 hours per week
- Company car
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
- Covering venues from Nottingham to Swindon
Who you are:
- All legislative and operational procedures and standards are applied to provide a consistent and safe service for all Venues Collection/Compass employees and customers.
- Ensure new managers, supervisors and all frontline staff are fully inducted into business, with the correct job description, which includes a group and unit induction.
- A robust appraisal system is in the business in line with Compass requirements.
- Prepare succession plans for key employees / roles and support the Unit Managers accordingly.
- Ensure that the venues are compliant regards to any HR company policies and legislation through conducting regular checks on personnel files and training records.
- Offer practical, hands on' support for management with any HR issues, developing and progressing people management solutions to achieve group objectives.
- To be an active senior team member contributing to building the future vision for the business and help setting clear SMART objectives each year.
- Ensure there is an active training plan across the business, being responsible for delivering certain aspects of it.
- Liaise with the relevant group personnel to ensure we are actively participating in the relevant group HR initiatives.
- To drive and support the development and delivery of cultural change plans setting clear KPI's to be achieved each year.
- Take ownership of People MAP (Management and Performance Reporting) plans focusing on productivity, performance and service excellence.
- Ownership of the OLLM system and HR portal in conjunction with the MD.
- Engagement with the WFM payroll management system and support implementation / change culture within the business.
- Devise, implement and undertake a bi-annual HR audit focusing on compliance / statutory training / H&S / HMRC Requirements.
You will be a CIPD qualified HR leader and have a sound understanding and experience of employment law including TUPE.
Experience with managing and leading grievances, disciplinaries and redundancies is essential.
A working knowledge of implementing retention, employee engagement and performance enhancement strategies with a good understanding of employment law and exposure in dealing with a variety of employee relation cases successfully.
You will find new ways of meeting goals, flexible in your approach, show conviction in own judgement and decisions and respond quickly under pressure to overcomes hurdles and achieve targets.
It is paramount that you are highly organised and work in s systematic way to achieve the goals set, to the desired standards and within the agreed timeframe. Who we are:
Levy UK are part of a multi-national business and is part of the Compass Group family. Our people work at the greatest venues and events in the world and do it with a smile on their face. In return we are committed to putting their health and wellbeing first as well as supporting their career development.
The Venues Collection is an array of both contemporary and historic meetings spaces, we are the ideal choice for comfortable, stress free events from an intimate boardroom meeting to an expansive conference or exhibition.
When business turns to pleasure, stay overnight or simply for the day - we cater for every memorable moment: from christenings to birthdays, engagement parties to unforgettable weddings and anniversaries to celebrations of life.