We are looking for Group Internal Auditor to join our global team! In this role you will be responsible for delivering objective and insightful assurance in reducing risk to the business. You will also assess processes and conclude on cause and effect, as well as contribute to remediation proposals. You will join a global team of 30 staff based in Paris, Gaithersburg, London and Singapore. This is a role with international exposure with exciting opportunity for future career progression!
Sodexo Group Internal Audit (GIA) provides an independent and objective assessment on the level of risk and control within the organisation. GIA operates independently and reports to the Chairwoman of the Board, providing systematic, disciplined approach to evaluating and improving the risk management, control and governance processes throughout the Group.
The role is uniquely placed to get insight to the wide scale and scope of activities we undertake, providing the organisation with insights to risk and control, being a trusted advisor to management.
To be successful in this role you will have experience working in finance with the ability to build and develop professional relationships and engage stakeholders, a flexible strategic approach and excellent influencing skills.
This is a high profile role providing wide exposure to senior management, and a unique opportunity to learn the company's varied and diverse activities.
Due to the project based nature of the role, up to 40% national and international travel (when it is safe to do so) will be required.
£55,000 - £65,000 per annum + benefits and bonus
We also offer Sodexo Discounts site promoting discounted mobile phone tariffs, savings across restaurant chains and days out, where you and your family can save money on everything from your weekly food shop to the latest cinema blockbuster and much more Main Responsibilities
- Perform internal audits in all Sodexo activities (contract management, finance, supply chain, HR, sales, transversal strategic topics etc.) and following-up the timely implementation of corrective actions
- Conduct special audits as requested by Group Chairwoman, Chief Executive Officer, Comex members, Chief Financial Officer, including special assistance to our entities
- Develop and deliver audit output and opinions (verbal and written) on the Group's Internal Controls including:
- Compliance with Group Policies, procedures, legal, contractual requirements and approved codes of practice
- Provide a holistic view of risk management in language the business understands
- Identify gaps in controls and risk management and share good practices and insights across Sodexo.
The Ideal Candidate
- Analyse root-causes of internal control deficiencies, recommend improvements to address root-causes and coach Senior Management in internal control best practices
- Correlate the audit work to the bigger picture and actively identify common themes to deliver meaningful insights and appropriate context to support action
- Write audit reports and present main results to local and Group management
- Build trust and partnership with the business, advise and share best practices with the various audited functions and entities
About The Company
- Financial, Internal/External Audit background with knowledge in cash/inventory handling, contract management, billing, health & safety, human resources etc.
- Degree in accounting, business, finance, internal audit or significant experience at Sodexo in a management position
- Good knowledge of Sodexo business and/or solid grounding and practical international experience in auditing (financial)
- Strong analytical skills: ability to systematically gather information from a variety of sources, to analyse information and draw appropriate conclusions
- Ability to write persuasive and effective reports, clearly defining findings, causes and proposing recommendations
- Fluency in English as well as one or several other languages (preferably French, Spanish, Russian or Mandarin)
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a team
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 36,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the energy, corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business.
At Sodexo we are committed to a leading role in promoting equality opportunities and valuing diversity and inclusion. We seek to create a work environment based on mutual respect for all individuals, building a culture that appreciates and values the experiences and skills brought by each person to benefit our organisation and work hard to ensure that all people, whatever their race, colour, sex, gender identity disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age, social class, educational background, employment status, working pattern, are welcome to and included within our organisation.
We're a Disability Confident Leader employer. We're committed to changing attitudes towards disability, and making sure disabled people have the chance to fulfil their aspirations.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to support ex-forces personnel and reservists, those applying for jobs with us who meet the ideal candidate criteria for the role advertised are guaranteed to progress to the selection process.