Group Manager - Newport, Gwent & Cardiff
Up to £35,000, depending on experience
Chartwells, part of Compass Group UK & Ireland, is the leading provider of catering and support services to schools, colleges and universities in the UK. Chartwells works with over 2,000 education units including primary schools, secondary schools, independent schools, colleges and universities. Central to Chartwells is its Eat, Learn, Live ethos, which helps to educate young people about how to have a happy, safe and healthy lifestyle while contributing to a sustainable world.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Group Manager to successfully oversee the delivery of forty Schools in the Newport, Gwent & Cardiff area. You will be expected to complete regular site visits, build client relationships, and assist the Chef Managers/supervisors to get the best out of our employees to offer excellent customer service and good quality food.
If you have a catering background and have the experience in overseeing multiple sites the drive to offer excellent standards and a passion for food then we want to hear from you. Job Description
Group Manager - Newport, Gwent and Cardiff
More about the role:
- Up to £35,000, depending on experience
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Who you are:
- Build and maintain a strong client relationship
- Demonstrate a caring and compassionate nature
- Proactively review and improve the services
- Making sure that each site achieves their KPI'S
- Regular site visits
- Will be assisting in the kitchen if required
- Agree nourishing and tasty menu selections and ensure local preferences are appropriately catered for
- Lead your on-site colleagues - making sure they are happy, effective and up to date with relevant training needs
- Ensure periodic reports are accurate, comprehensive and meet relevant deadlines
Who we are:
- Ability to build relationships with a diverse group of clients, customer and colleagues
- Compliance focused
- Experience within the hospitality or catering industry to a manager or assistant manager level
- Excellent time management skills and to be able to prioritise
- Ability to be able to oversee multiple sites
- Excellent understanding of P&L accounts
- Must have strong craft background
- Capable of assisting to manage a multi-site region
- Organised, able to judge and prioritise
- Have a flexible approach with a can do attitude
- A full driving licence as you will be travelling to various sites
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.