Group Procurement Manager
This role can be based in Gateshead or in the Midlands and will involve travel
At Churchill, we put our people first so that they can deliver outstanding service to our clients. We recognise that our client’s environment reflects their brand and provides a better workplace for their people. We never compromise on quality and are unrivalled in our attention to detail.
We are searching for a Group Procurement Manager – Gateshead to lead procurement and commercial projects across Churchill Services. This role will also be instrumental in defining and implementing the category strategy. Do you have what it takes to join our team? Are you able to demonstrate category expertise within the facilities services industry?
This is an opportunity for you to be part of a business, built on strong foundations, named in The Sunday Times, Grant Thornton Top Track 250, Britain’s private mid-market growth companies. We are driven to Always Do Right and we are looking for people who share our values. Our independence gives us the freedom to do what we believe in. We believe it’s our responsibility to do right by our clients, our society and our planet.
As a Group Procurement Manager – Gateshead you will be responsible for:
- Leading the procurement in significant supply categories by defining and implementing the category strategy, carrying out sourcing activity and managing supplier relationships across all relevant Churchill businesses
- The managed category responsibilities will initially include the following areas, and will vary according to time as business priorities change
- Cleaning supplies and services
- Cleaning equipment
- Pest control services
- Waste collection services
- Security supplies and services
- Reporting to the Group Procurement Director, contribute to the ongoing design and implementation of a new category-led operating model for Churchill
- Implement supply chain solutions aligned to Churchill’s Sustainability Charter
As a Group Procurement Manager – Gateshead you will have the following expertise and attributes:
- Minimum 3 years in a category management environment
- Experience in a facilities services environment
- A track record in managing procurement spend in the defined category
- First class personal, written and verbal communication skills as well as tact diplomacy and negotiating expertise in dealing with a wide range of knowledgeable clients, suppliers, and colleagues
- Experience in a complex environment with a high level of interface with a diverse range of stakeholders and customers
- Demonstrable influencing and negotiation skills, working with senior stakeholders from strategic suppliers
Our commitment to Equality. Diversity and Inclusion, we are proud to be an inclusive, equal opportunity employer and seek to attract, develop and retain the best people from the widest possible talent pool. We’re committed to ensuring that all candidates are treated fairly, and with respect and dignity throughout the recruitment process.