Group Project SPP Lead
Location: United Kingdom - Flexible
Compensation: Attractive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full Time / Permanent
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Group Project SPP Lead to join our business, being responsible in shaping and leading how projects are delivered within Babcock International. In this role you'll lead and deliver the SPP for Project Management across Babcock, working with the customer in a joint delivery team.
Babcock have recently established a Group Wide Project Management Function, to enable and support project delivery and execution across all sectors. In parallel, Babcock and the MOD have established an SPP (Strategic Partnering Programme) to identify and address systemic issues identified in project delivery; and promote areas of best practice across the group. The acitivities and work identified through the SPP are expected to overlap and support the functional design through it's execution.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and driven individual with strong emotional intelligence who will define and drive excellence in people, processes, tools and systems so outcomes are consistent and predictable for all projects.
What will you be doing?
This role can be performed from any Babcock Hub and includes remote working arrangements.
The role involves:
- Managing and undertaking a "scorecarding" exercise across a portfolio of projects within the Group and customer organsation; to generate a baseline of performance.
- Undertaking a systemic review of performance and identify positive and negative trends, including evidence to support findings (working with the project delivery teams to generate this).
- Defining and presenting a strategy to address systemic issues identified and promote best practice areas across the rest of the organisation. Work across function to enable and deliver improvements.
- Identify areas where these improvements can be aligned to the functional framework to maximise efficiency.
- Executing the systemic plan and deliver the agreed benefits within the agreed metrics (when defined).
- Undertaking periodic "scorecarding" for continuous improvement and benchmarking.
- Undertaking the role of Project Chairperson and Independent Assessor for appropriate projects.
The experience you'll bring
You will be a recognised Project / Programme leader with proven experience in a both functional and delivery roles.
You will need:
- Proven track record in all phases of project work in major projects.
- Be someone who fosters teamwork and facilitates conflict resolution.
- Be enthusiastic, driven with strong emotional intelligence.
- Extensive recent and relevant experience in functional change and/or Programme delivery.
- Full project lifecycle experience from bid phase through to close out.
- Worked on programmes of varying types: including varying products, services, across all phases of the lifecycle.
- Cross functional awareness of lifecycle requirements for supporting functions.
Lastly, you must hold or have the ability to obtain SC security clearance
What a role with Babcock offers?
* Generous holiday entitlement
* Pension Plan
* Access to make a difference for a sustainable environment for future
* A tailored personal development and training programme.
* Autonomy. Trusted and empowered to deliver and be your best.
Babcock Corporate Services (BCS) is a global function, with our largest site being Lakeside in Portsmouth, but we operate from multiple sites around the world. BCS supplies and operates all IT, security, procurement, and finance Shared Services. We are embedded alongside the operations that we serve, enabling us to maintain close working relationships that support delivery to our customers. We drive standardisation, simplification and automation across Babcock, to help generate sustainable value for the group and our external customers.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we need to ensure that our recruitment processes are regularly reviewed and adapted, as required, to ensure we're compliant with the latest government advice. We are striving to protect both our current and future employees by acting in a responsible way which reflects the restrictions we face.
To find out more about how COVID-19 is impacting Recruitment and On-boarding for applicants please visit our website.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices. If you experience difficulties please visit our careers page.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please visit our website.
Closing Date: 7th July 2022