Kents Hill Park is a dedicated training and conference centre set in a peaceful location on the outskirts of Milton Keynes, yet within easy access to key road, rail and airport networks. Ideally suited to training courses and conferencing, our quiet, suburban location provides delegates with an environment conducive to learning.
With over 70 meeting rooms and 300 bedrooms, with our restaurant serving upwards of 200 guests for breakfast, lunch and dinner, we also have fantastic onsite leisure club operated by Nuffield Health.
Kents Hill Park offers a flexible and adaptable approach to our client's business needs and can accommodate up to 600 delegates being one of the largest dedicated training and conference centres in the UK, it is not surprising that Kents Hill Park is recognised as a leading venue to host training and conferencing events in the home counties. The Venues Collection, a grouping of eight easily accessible event spaces division of Compass Group UK & Ireland.
As our Guest Relations Manager you will ensure the smooth and safe running of the hotel whilst covering Guest Relations Management shifts ensuring the highest standards of customer/guest service are always delivered in line with departmental SOPs. You will deliver excellence in guest service, maximising profits and exploiting opportunities for business growth. What we'll give:
Guest Relations Manager
More about the role:
- £25,000 per annum, 40 hours per week
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
Who you are:
- Be fully competent in the use of all IT systems associated with your department
- Ensure that yourself and your team are fully aware of all venue's facilities and events
- Take responsibility for Profit Protection manual actions relating each department
- Ensure the department SOP is up to date and is monitored for 100% compliance
- Proactively manage the work of the team, allocating special duties and responsibilities
- Handle guest queries and feedback, taking appropriate action to ensure full resolution
- Develop and maintain a high level of guest care with the emphasis on guest interaction
- Attend any meeting as requested by the management
- Ensure effective communication between each department
- React promptly to any issued identified for maintenance and add into Opera
- Adhere to departmental SOP compliance
- Maintain colleague discipline and grievance procedures in accordance with our policies
- Take ownership for all Health and Safety as they arise
- Be aware of all legislation that is relevant to your work and ensure that all legal requirements are met, including: licensing, Health and Safety at Work, COSHH, Environmental Health, Fire Precautions, Manual Handling, Wellbeing and Risk Assessments
- Support the overall goals of the business
- Be an ambassador to our venue and brand you will lead by example, give clear instructions, and maintain good guest relations to both internal and extremal customers
- Play an active role in highlighting sales opportunities through interaction with our guest
- Be trained in all operational departments to support HODs with holiday cover as required
You will spend a great deal of time interacting with guests, so it is important that you have strong communication, interpersonal and listening skills. You should also be aggressive problem-solver and have the ability to manage crises successfully.
Who we are:
- Proven experience as a Guest Relations Manager
- Familiarity with hospitality industry standards
- Computer literacy
- A customer-oriented and professional attitude
- An outgoing personality
- Outstanding communication abilities
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
Levy Restaurants UK is the sports, leisure and hospitality sector of Compass Group UK and Ireland and British partner to Levy Restaurants US. A hospitality market leader, Levy Restaurants provides individual character to each of its clients through focusing on delicious food, great atmosphere and legendary service.
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.