Kents Hill Park is a dedicated training and conference centre set in a peaceful location on the outskirts of Milton Keynes, yet within easy access to key road, rail and airport networks. Ideally suited to training courses and conferencing, our quiet, suburban location provides delegates with an environment conducive to learning.
With over 70 meeting rooms and 300 bedrooms, with our restaurant serving upwards of 200 guests for breakfast, lunch and dinner, we also have fantastic onsite leisure club operated by Nuffield Health.
Kents Hill Park offers a flexible and adaptable approach to our client's business needs and can accommodate up to 600 delegates being one of the largest dedicated training and conference centres in the UK, it is not surprising that Kents Hill Park is recognised as a leading venue to host training and conferencing events in the home counties. The Venues Collection, a grouping of eight easily accessible event spaces division of Compass Group UK & Ireland.
As our Guest Relations Manager you will ensure the smooth and safe running of the hotel whilst covering Guest Relations Management shifts ensuring the highest standards of customer/guest service are always delivered in line with departmental SOPs. You will deliver excellence in guest service, maximising profits and exploiting opportunities for business growth. What we'll give:
Guest Relations Manager
More about the role:
- £27,000 per annum, 40 hours per week
- Compass exclusive offers on PerksAtWork
- Access to a wide range of programs to train and develop you
- Pension contribution
- Eyecare vouchers
- Discounted stays at The Venues Collection hotels
- Discounted Nuffield Health membership
Who you are:
- Be fully competent in the use of all IT systems associated with your department
- Ensure that yourself and your team are fully aware of all venue's facilities and events
- Take responsibility for Profit Protection manual actions relating each department
- Ensure the department SOP is up to date and is monitored for 100% compliance
- Proactively manage the work of the team, allocating special duties and responsibilities
- Handle guest queries and feedback, taking appropriate action to ensure full resolution
- Develop and maintain a high level of guest care with the emphasis on guest interaction
- Attend any meeting as requested by the management
- Ensure effective communication between each department
- React promptly to any issued identified for maintenance and add into Opera
- Adhere to departmental SOP compliance
- Maintain colleague discipline and grievance procedures in accordance with our policies
- Take ownership for all Health and Safety as they arise
- Be aware of all legislation that is relevant to your work and ensure that all legal requirements are met, including: licensing, Health and Safety at Work, COSHH, Environmental Health, Fire Precautions, Manual Handling, Wellbeing and Risk Assessments
- Support the overall goals of the business
- Be an ambassador to our venue and brand you will lead by example, give clear instructions, and maintain good guest relations to both internal and extremal customers
- Play an active role in highlighting sales opportunities through interaction with our guest
- Be trained in all operational departments to support HODs with holiday cover as required
You will spend a great deal of time interacting with guests, so it is important that you have strong communication, interpersonal and listening skills. You should also be aggressive problem-solver and have the ability to manage crises successfully.
Who we are:
- Proven experience as a Guest Relations Manager
- Familiarity with hospitality industry standards
- Computer literacy
- A customer-oriented and professional attitude
- An outgoing personality
- Outstanding communication abilities
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways programme
Part of Compass Group UK&I, we are a grouping of seven easily accessible event spaces with hotel-like residential and leisure facilities, which all sit under the brand name The Venues Collection.
Located across the UK, our venues all feature stylish and individual event spaces, including both contemporary and historic meeting areas. Join us to grow your career with the industry leader, and get competitive pay, great perks and unrivalled opportunities for learning and development, at one of the UK's biggest businesses.
Every day, our teams of passionate hospitality professionals strive for excellence in delivering employee dining and hospitality to some of the UK's leading workplace as well as inspiring exceptional experiences in iconic cultural and heritage destinations.
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.