Start your journey with us
We're looking for down to earth and approachable people, who can make things more straightforward.
You'll be a welcoming and friendly face. Working across several branches you'll develop new relationships, build a network to support your future career and see first-hand the impact you can have on our customers.
Day-to-day you could be:
- Becoming an authority in your area, ensuring you can support customers with their needs
- Ensuring customers get the right support when they call or visit our branches
- Supporting customers' day-to-day queries in a confident and positive way
- Ensuring customers can use our technology with ease
- Supporting a number of branches and colleagues within your local area
- Working with and motivating colleagues to make life easy for our customers
- Taking the time to build strong, positive relationships with our customers and colleagues
- Supporting initiatives within the local community
Our branches are open at varying times Monday to Saturday (with some opening Sundays) to ensure we can support our customers when they need us. As a Banking Consultant you'll work a variety of hours across these days.
Why is Halifax the right place for you?
You'll open up a range of opportunities to learn, grow and develop within Halifax and our broader Group.
From the beginning we'll give you excellent training and all the support you need, regardless of whether you have previous finance or banking experience.
What do you need to apply?
You'll be able to show us:
- How your attention to detail, and your commitment to taking ownership are key to how you give your customers extra
- How your friendly approach has helped to identify customer needs and exceed their expectations
- That you can work independently and collaboratively in achieving the right outcome
- Demonstrating that by following processes and procedures you're able to clearly explain the available options so your customers can make an informed choice
Our colleague reward package can be tailored to suit your lifestyle. You'll benefit from a wide selection of options that fit your individual needs including a host of flexible benefits, private healthcare, colleague share schemes, pension schemes - and you can even choose to buy or sell your holiday allowance.
We have award winning flexible working which allows you to have a real work life balance. So if you're completing a project for your college studies, want a role that gives you the time to pursue other interests, or enjoy spending time with your family, grandchildren or friends - you could find the working pattern that suits you.
If building a collaborative and inclusive environment where customers, colleagues and communities are appreciated every single day is as important to you as it is to us - then we'd love you to apply.
Want to join us?
Our roles generate a lot of interest and occasionally we have to close the adverts slightly earlier than stated on our website. So if you think working with us could be right for you, please apply now.
The hours you work will be individual to you, so whilst we advertise our full-time salary, this will be pro-rata for reduced hours working.
The diversity of experience amongst our colleagues makes our workplace unique, so we encourage people from every kind of background to apply. As part of Lloyds Banking Group we're proud of the culture we're building; the Group has been named a Times Top 50 Employer for Women, a Top 10 Employer for Working Families and listed in the Top 10 Employers by Stonewall. The Group has also been named the Best Bank in the World for Diversity and Inclusion by Euromoney, has an award winning Return to Work Programme and is proud to be the first FTSE 100 organisation to set an ethnic diversity target - Halifax is proud to be a part of this. Apply today and become part of an inclusive, values-led culture, full of positive and energetic people who are there to help customers get things done.
Together we make it possible.