Hawk T2 Senior Supervisor B6T (Depth)
About the role
Here at Babcock International we're looking to recruit a Hawk T2 Senior Supervisor (Depth).
We are looking for an experienced and skilled technician to undertake a range of detailed maintenance activities on an aircraft or aircraft component, demonstrating the ability to derive diagnostic techniques.
* Responsible for maintaining airworthiness through appropriate task delegation and authorisation on an aircraft or aircraft component.
* Responsible for tasking of work & supervision of personnel/people management.
* Undertake detailed maintenance, inspection and supervision activities on an aircraft or aircraft components. Assuring work carried out has been completed in accordance with the SOW / Work package using the relevant approved technical information. Resolving faults and maintenance issues, including configuration management.
* Undertake and complete tasked maintenance & diagnostic activities on an aircraft or components which may include, as appropriate, Aircraft Ground Handling, flight servicing, aircraft role changes, AD embodiments, component removals, inspections, repairs, modifications, fault rectifications, replacements and/or functional/system test.
* Supervise team to ensure that maintenance is undertaken to schedule and highlight any issues, escalate as required. Report on any impact to the wider programme.
What do I need to do the role?
You'll need to be an experienced and competent leader at this level with broad and in-depth product knowledge.
Would also like you to have experience in all or some of these areas:
* Completion of an Engineering Apprenticeship, ideally in Aeronautical Engineering or Military equivalent apprenticeship / qualifications.
* Academic qualification for this role is a minimum of City & Guilds 2675 or 2661 in Aeronautical Engineering and Maintenance or equivalent.
* Aircraft platform training (On a/c requirement)
* Requires extensive experience working at Technician level prior to undertaking a Supervisor role.
* Demonstrating breadth of experience, currency & recency via a Log Book capturing skills, knowledge and authorities for working on Aircraft type or in bays.
* Practical experience and expertise in the application of aviation safety standards and safe operating practices.
* A comprehensive knowledge of Expositions and Functionally Mandated Procedures Management training.
* PDR training / experience.
What else do I need to know?
* The successful candidate must be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance level for this role.
About Babcock International
For more than a century, Babcock, the Aerospace and Defence company, has been trusted to deliver bespoke, highly-skilled engineering services. We help customers in the UK and around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the four market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear, underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, unique infrastructure and specialist training.
We're committed to providing a great employee experience in a supportive and engaging environment. The benefits you can expect to enjoy include a generous holiday entitlement, competitive money purchase pension scheme with life assurance and a share ownership scheme. You'll benefit from excellent career and learning and development opportunities to ensure that you grow and achieve your full potential.
All applications should be made online. Please use a desktop PC or laptop to create your account and apply for a job. Once you've completed this you'll be able to apply to jobs from mobile devices.
If you experience difficulties please check our career website for more information. Recruitment correspondence is normally by email so please check your email account and spam folder regularly.
We are committed to building an inclusive culture and strives to attract talent who thrive in an inclusive and flexible working environment.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know and we will respond in a way that best fits your specific needs.
Armed Forces Covenant
We are proud to support the Armed Forces community by honouring the Armed Forces Covenant. We recognise the value that Serving Personnel, both Regular and Reserves, Veterans, Uniformed Cadet Instructors and Service Families contribute to our business and the United Kingdom. As part of the Covenant, Babcock offers Reservists and Uniformed Cadet Instructors up to 2 week's special paid leave to help them meet their commitments. To find out more please check our career website for more information.
Closing Date: 20/01/2020