Head Chef - Feltham -Hounslow
B & I Site
Up to £38 k
Mon to Fri - 7am-3pm
Free onsite Gym
Eurest, part of Compass Group, is the market leader in the provision of food and support services to business and industry providing nearly 1,500 organisations, including 80 of the FTSE 100, with staff restaurants, delis, cafe bars, shops and a wide range of facilities management services.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic Head Chef to lead our dedicated catering team producing outstanding food using the finest and freshest ingredients in this prestigious contract.
If you are an innovative and creative Head Chef, passionate about using top quality fresh ingredients, and looking for a role which can offer both work life balance and career development - we want to hear from you! More about the role:
- The Head Chef will plan, organise and direct the preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the company's reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times across SAP contract sites
- Adopt a hands on approach taking responsibility for the food production.
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality and innovation
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, Health & Safety and COSHH and take ownership of all kitchen aspects including food safety team training
- The Head Chef will be required to implement and maintain food monitoring procedures to facilitate budgetary control and to monitor all costs involved in the kitchen against agreed budgets
- The Head Chef will be required to support in responding to hospitality requests alongside with creating and costing bespoke menus accordingly to client needs
- The Head Chef will be required to be visible at lunch service and engage with customers
- The Head Chef will be required to cover/arrange cover to any absence of other senior chefs across SAP contract
- Occasionally Head Chef will be required to support client with on site projects like live cooking etc
Who you are:
- Proven experience in a role as Head Chef being able to demonstrate a track record of catering for large numbers but at the same time making the customer feel that their meal has been individually prepared for them.
- Have a big personality'. Great people skills and be able to lead, develop, train and inspire a large team.
- Have a real passion for food and customer service along with bags of enthusiasm and recognising that customer engagement is key.
- Food Innovation and development is essential along with being up to date with current food trends
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Superb culinary skills
- Good financial understanding and a forward-thinker who can prevent wastage
- High standards and be quality driven
- Excellent organisational skills
- A 'Can do' attitude
- IT skills are desire
- Team player
- A clear understanding of profit margins, purchasing policy, budgeting and food costing, including control.