We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic Head Chef to prepare, cook and present food to the highest standards in a clean, tidy, safe and pleasant environment. Job Description
- £12.08 per hour. 30 hours per week.
- The opportunity of joining the Compass pension and share scheme
- Discounts at various high street stores
The successful Head Chef will undertake the following duties:
The Ideal Candidate
- To identify, recommend and, if appropriate, implement opportunities to increase the profitability of the catering area where employed
- At all times to have in mind the agreed level of service to the client and the need for flexibility within the budget provided
- Follow the daily / weekly menu and recipes remembering:
- Understands food cost percentages
- A balance of colour
- A balance of taste
- Flair, appearance, to enhance product
- A use of special promotion dishes, incorporating seasonal produce as advised by weekly menus
- Use of fresh food where advised by weekly menu
- Buying within nominated suppliers and products
- Use of healthy eating options and vegetarian alternatives, advised by weekly menus
- Incorporation of trading up ideas as per recipe / promotion
- Incorporation of seasonal dishes advised by weekly menus
- To produce food to the standards as laid out in the Brands Standard Manual and/or Recipe Bank.
- To ensure all Brand standards are maintained.
- Fully support and actively sell all food, including Brand items
- To be able to conduct a Brand audit ensuring all correct standards are being adhered to at all times.
- To be prepared to help in the unit when necessary
- To see where you need to change your own activities to meet different circumstances.
- To look out for and tell the Manager when you see ways to improve work activities or reduce costs
- To be friendly, pleasant and polite to your work colleagues
- Be prepared to help out the rest of the team in a willing and positive manner
- To inform your colleagues what is going on in the unit and be prepared to go to Company briefing and training sessions, within work time.
- Be prepared to go to all Mandatory Company training sessions.
- To encourage that all staff are working together as a team and that huddles are completed on every shift.
We look forward to receiving your CV. About The Company
Quadrant, a joint venture company between Compass Group UK and Ireland and Royal Mail, is the specialist provider of catering and vending services to the Royal Mail.
Please note: This vacancy may close before the advertised end date.