Head Chef - Southampton
Monday - Friday
Up to £12.00 per hour
ESS Support Services Worldwide is the defence, offshore and remote business sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. It provides food and support services to major companies and organisations operating in remote site, defence, police, prison and offshore sectors. It currently employs in excess of 30,000 employees in over 45 countries, with around 10,000 of those based in the UK.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic Head Chef to lead our dedicated catering team producing outstanding food using the finest and freshest ingredients in this prestigious contract.
More about the role:
Who you are:
- The Head Chef will plan, organise and direct the preparation and cooking of food ensuring that the company's reputation for quality is enhanced with customers and clients at all times
- Taking responsibility for the food production with a hands-on approach
- Possess an exceptional drive for quality for Hospitality events
- Driving sales through centrally driven menu planning and promotions and preferred suppliers
- Responsible for all aspects of food safety, HS and COSHH
- The Head Chef will also be required to implement and maintain food monitoring procedures to facilitate budgetary control and to monitor all costs involved in the kitchen against agreed budgets.
Who we are:
- Proven experience in quality catering environments.
- Excellent people skills, able to lead and develop a team.
- Passion about food and customer service.
- Superb culinary skills.
- Strong financial and commercial acumen.
- High standards and quality driven.
- Excellent organisational & communication skills.
- A Can Do attitude.
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.