Head Chef - Staff Dining - Dartmouth
Salary - £31,320 per annum + subsided ferry cost and Compass benefits.
Mondat to Friday (Ocasional Weekends)
ESS Support Services Worldwide is the defence, offshore and remote business sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. It provides food and support services to major companies and organisations operating in remote site, defence, police, prison and offshore sectors. It currently employs in excess of 30,000 employees in over 45 countries, with around 10,000 of those based in the UK.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic Head Chef to lead our dedicated catering team producing outstanding food using the finest and freshest ingredients in this prestigious contract.
If you are an innovative and creative Head Chef, passionate about using top quality fresh ingredients, and looking for a role which can offer both work life balance and career development - we want to hear from you! More about the role:
Who you are:
- The Head Chef is primarily responsible for producing the food for Staff Dining
- Prepare, cook and present food to the highest standards checking for taste, presentation and quality.
- To ensure all food preparation is carried out in accordance with food hygiene procedures
- To ensure the effective control of a specific station within the kitchen
- Support all areas of the Kitchen as required
- To ensure food is served promptly and work is carried out quickly and efficiently to keep up when busy
Who we are:
- Proven experience as a chef in Contract Catering
- Great customer service skills
- Knowledge of the Hospitality industry
- Ideally, you will have NVQ level 1 or 2 in food preparation and cooking
- Hold a basic food hygiene certificate
- A team player
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a pressurised environment
- Have a Can-Do' approach
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Guidelines.
As part of Compass, you have the opportunity to work behind the scenes at sports and leisure events, oilrigs and military bases, and in the heart of schools, hospitals, care homes, client offices and boardrooms - some 6,000+ locations across the UK and Ireland.
We do it all and so could you. Apply now and join the family!
We are an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to building an inclusive environment for all employees.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience.