Head Chef - Sutton Coldfield
Up to £35,000 per annum, 40 hours a week
5 over 7, as the site is 24/7 this will include nights and weekends where required.
Benefits include: Free meal on shift, Free parking Inc. EV, Site closed Chrismas Day and New Years Day.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious Head Chef with a real passion for food where you can develop your career with the world's leading food service and facilities management company. We're successful and we deliver the sort of people - focused care that's always in demand.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
Manages the menus, food production planning, food purchasing and stock management
Contributes to menu development as required
Manages the cleanliness of all kitchens and surrounding working areas
Performs other general tasks as reasonably requested
Promote the unit and act as a Compass Advocate at all time
Identify any additional opportunities and discuss with line manager
Analyse and manage effectively all in unit costs.
Ensure full purchasing compliance
Monitor and manage GP
All food wastage is recorded and minimised
Complete labour schedule within the labour budget
Effectively minimise any agency and overtime spend
Adjust labour schedule in line with sales
Ensure budgets are understood and achieved
Ensure all costs are managed effectively within budget
To make sure you and all staff are aware of, and meet the legal and Company requirements for fire, safety, health and hygiene
To report health and safety issues using the AIR3 System, including all accidents and near misses
To promote good safety habits and methods of work
Management of a brigade of chefs and wider kitchen team to ensure all food production, labour & GP targets are achieved
Leads the team through effective communication & performance management
Recruits, trains & develops the team ensuring there is a succession plan in place and supports the company Apprenticeship programme where applicable
Services operates 24 hours a day, 7 days a week inc. Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Night Shift, Vending, Hospitality and Retail.
- Must be able to perform well in a high pressure and fast paced environment
- Strong leadership skills
- Have experience in a similar Head Chef role for 2 years.
- Strive for excellence in an enthusiastic and motivated manner
- Create a positive work environment where the whole team can thrive
- Be a brilliant communicator and easily build relationships
- Take initiative and make decisions that are right for our customers
- Have a desire to succeed in your role
- Possess the ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrate exceptional timekeeping and reliability
- Have a safety-first mind set
- Passionate about food
We ensure you're rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Free meals
- Onsite free car parking
- Electric vehicle charging points
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
- Quick access for you and your immediate family to a Digital GP, and wider healthcare benefits
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury's, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Receive cash rewards every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
We connect workplaces to mindful, flavourful & planet-positive catering
At Eurest, we are the experts in workplace catering, operating in over 700 workspaces every day. We know that fuelling employees throughout the day can help to sharpen their thinking, nourish their bodies and minds and ultimately, motivate them to perform at their best. Our workplace food experiences are driven by our promise to live more sustainably and responsibly, working towards our goal of net zero by 2030.
We're people-powered at Eurest
It's an understatement to say that we're passionate about what we do, which is why we're committed to attracting the best and brightest people to join us - could that be you? Find out what makes joining Eurest so exciting.